And dealers wonder why?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I agree, though I also wonder why people think they can just turn around and swap their car out and expect to get what they paid for it (or close). It's ANCIENT knowledge you take a huge hit in depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Kapy

Established Member
I agree, though I also wonder why people think they can just turn around and swap their car out and expect to get what they paid for it (or close). It's ANCIENT knowledge you take a huge hit in depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Last edited:

Cam

n/a
Established Member
Try another dealer. It's capitalism, and the customer can walk away from a bad deal.

jbs$

Established Member
You were offered $58 large on a trade, a year old model for a current year, with out knowing what the difference in the cars are, it sounds about average. If you were serious about the transaction, you would sell the current car then buy the 14.

BlackOutUT

Established Member

On most cars I would agree. But the 13 GT500 is still pulling close to MSRP in the slightly used market. It is still very desirable. But I think those times are coming to an end very soon. The more 14 start showing up, the more the prices on the 13s will drop.

Kapy

Established Member
Try another dealer. It's capitalism, and the customer can walk away from a bad deal.

I agree, absolutely.

Really I am super cool with my 13.

Just posted this as an example of what happens daily and the pure fact of why the majority of the public cannot stand buying a car.

I don't mind a business making profit, that's what they are in business for. But to rake somebody over the coals squeeze every bit of money out of them in the process is a pure example of why so many dealer's continue to lose market share year over year.

nate

Established Member
Out of curiosity, what do you think would be fair numbers? I think $58,000 isn't horrible for the beginning of negotiations. If you showed you were serious, I bet you could get the numbers up even more. But before I paid $65,000 for a used Shelby, I would pay $70,000 for the new, plus get the lower interest rate which will make up some of the difference. Now, if I was looking at a 13 Shelby that was 3 years old for $50-$55 thousand, then I wouldn't mind going used. Those may not be the exact values, but you get my point. I think the dealers have a hard time selling a car that is used but has an almost new price.

Kapy

Established Member
You were offered $58 large on a trade, a year old model for a current year, with out knowing what the difference in the cars are, it sounds about average. If you were serious about the transaction, you would sell the current car then buy the 14.

Thanks, had no idea that would be the best option......Brilliant!

Kapy

Established Member
For the record, I am not serious about getting a 14.

I posted this as information only.

Little did I know how much stupid would already get spurred up.

Done.

dotmpeg

Established Member
For the record, I am not serious about getting a 14.

I posted this as information only.

Little did I know how much stupid would already get spurred up.

Done.

So what do you consider a fair price on a trade-in? Lets hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread