And dealers wonder why?

stangposse

Established Member
OP is just mad that he spent $67k and didn't get the color he wanted. He thought he could go to the dealer and do an even swap with the dealer and drive home with the red one. When he found out his car lost value, he got pissed at the dealer and decided to vent on this board.

Last edited:

Kapy

Established Member
OP is just mad that he spent $67k and didn't get the color he wanted. He thought he could go to the dealer and do an even swap with the dealer and walk home with the red one. When he found out his car lost value, he got pissed at the dealer and decided to vent on this board.

Think I have clearly stated my complete happiness with the 13 numerous times.

I just so happened to like the new color offering.

03DontMach

Established Member
@ Op I may have missed it but I saw so many people ask what you thought would be a fair offer for your ride but never saw a reply. I'm just curious on what you think.

Last edited:

Ferrcad

Established Member
@ Op I may have missed it but I saw so many people ask what you thought would be a fair offer for your ride but never saw a reply. I'm just curious on what you think.

After reading this thread for the last 15 minutes (which I'm never going to get back) this is the question I'm also waiting to have answered.. It is a fair question don't you think? when I do any type of car deal the numbers work from both sides... Trade vs. sale price... If the color has you excited to pull the trigger on the 2014 make them a difference price and then your make the decision... Good Luck either way...:thumbsup:

Planeswalker

Established Member
I read the whole thread, I wanted to stop but couldn't. I shall leave you all with one of my favorite movie quotes.

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Last edited:

Kapy

Established Member
Our market share varies month to month from as low as 22% to as high as 35%. In our market we have 2 GM dealerships, 1 Dodge, and 2 Ford dealerships that we compete with.

My reply containing Christmas cards etc was directed towards your comment about me needing to be better to my customers. Nice try though, trying to put it out of context.

It's obvious you didn't read that website.

You insulted me on several occasions when I asked for your 'facts'.

Anyways. I'm still waiting for your facts regarding the following:

1.) a dealer made $6,000 off of you when you bought your 2013 GT500 at MSRP, and,
2.) the same dealer making a gross profit of $25,000 if you had bought the 2014 and traded your 2013 in.

I'm going to venture to guess that you will not respond to either of those statements because you have no ground to stand on; but in the off chance you try and respond, I'll be waiting. :pop:
For the record, if you would have read my very original post.

When I bought the 13, dealer made 6K off of me.

If I traded the 13 in on a 14 is the dealer going to make another 5-6k, yes. This of course does not count any incentives, holdback, etc.

When they sell the traded in 13 will they make another 3-6k on a extremely low mileage 4 month old GT500, yes.

Again, read my original post. I was not stating they were going to make 25k on the trade up alone.

To answer the rest of you what would be fair for a trade up IMO, anywhere around 2500-3500. Why do I know this? I have done many buybacks for clients over the years and this is the average trade up from one model year old to current.

Husky44

Established Member
For the record, if you would have read my very original post.

When I bought the 13, dealer made 6K off of me.

If I traded the 13 in on a 14 is the dealer going to make another 5-6k, yes. This of course does not count any incentives, holdback, etc.

When they sell the traded in 13 will they make another 3-6k on a extremely low mileage 4 month old GT500, yes.

Again, read my original post. I was not stating they were going to make 25k on the trade up alone.

To answer the rest of you what would be fair for a trade up IMO, anywhere around 2500-3500. Why do I know this? I have done many buybacks for clients over the years and this is the average trade up from one model year old to current.

Guess you ought to open your own dealership. Your exceptional customer service skills and favorable pricing should earn you market leadership in no time. As a side benefit, you'll be able to trade up every year, and sell your old car as an actual untitled new car.

I'm continuously amazed at all the one-way capitalists on the internet. I'm sure you are willing to take less than top salary, out of goodwill for your employer? When you sell stuff on C-list do you offer it below market value to make friends and repeat customers? Or is it only when you are the buyer that the seller should give a better than market deal, or they are branded as some sort of subhuman?

You freely admitted that you had no intention of trading, so were therefore wasting the dealership's time. So his profit on that transaction was a negative number, as he still had all of the costs associated with that time, yet he earned nothing to pay those costs.

Sorry, I don't have a PhD, just a humble econ degree, and a MS in Supply Chain Management, but it seems to me you don't understand business as well as you would like us to think, and instead want to have others to be pissed at for you not having everything you want. If you really understood business, you would recognize that the market is impersonal and unemotional... if you had actually been a market participant, which you acknowledge that you were not, you could have gone down the street to the next seller and tried to negotiate a better price there. As it is, you just wanted to come on here and bitch about the mean dealer, and wanted us all to join in with you, blaming others for our butt-hurt. Then when some either asked for clarification, or heaven forbid, disagreed with you, you resorted to childish name calling.

Get over yourself. You are fortunate enough to drive an amazing automobile that stickers for more than what most Americans take home in a year. I don't feel sorry for you-at least not because of your trade offer.

rford13

Established Member
"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Billy Madison. FTW.

Kapy

Established Member
Guess you ought to open your own dealership. Your exceptional customer service skills and favorable pricing should earn you market leadership in no time. As a side benefit, you'll be able to trade up every year, and sell your old car as an actual untitled new car.

I'm continuously amazed at all the one-way capitalists on the internet. I'm sure you are willing to take less than top salary, out of goodwill for your employer? When you sell stuff on C-list do you offer it below market value to make friends and repeat customers? Or is it only when you are the buyer that the seller should give a better than market deal, or they are branded as some sort of subhuman?

You freely admitted that you had no intention of trading, so were therefore wasting the dealership's time. So his profit on that transaction was a negative number, as he still had all of the costs associated with that time, yet he earned nothing to pay those costs.

Sorry, I don't have a PhD, just a humble econ degree, and a MS in Supply Chain Management, but it seems to me you don't understand business as well as you would like us to think, and instead want to have others to be pissed at for you not having everything you want. If you really understood business, you would recognize that the market is impersonal and unemotional... if you had actually been a market participant, which you acknowledge that you were not, you could have gone down the street to the next seller and tried to negotiate a better price there. As it is, you just wanted to come on here and bitch about the mean dealer, and wanted us all to join in with you, blaming others for our butt-hurt. Then when some either asked for clarification, or heaven forbid, disagreed with you, you resorted to childish name calling.

Get over yourself. You are fortunate enough to drive an amazing automobile that stickers for more than what most Americans take home in a year. I don't feel sorry for you-at least not because of your trade offer.
Was never upset, never intended to trade up.

The post started as a F.Y.I.

Folks like you are the ones upset, not me.

I could care less, AS I HAVE STATED PLENTY I am happy with the 13.

Most of you attacking me have made so many ASSumptions it's just downright ridiculous.

I have figured out one thing, this forum is filled with a lot of folks in the dealer club and if you are not on that side of the fence, by golly you are wrong then.

It is your arrogance because you are on that side of the fence that you sir will not ever truly understand customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread