American Cops Killed More People in March than UK During Entire 20th Century

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
What department are you seeing hiring street cops without a degree and/or experience?

Maybe we could cut back on a few social programs for thugs and pay the police more. If its like you make it out to be, sounds like we need more educated people. Lots of master degree holders looking to get a job starting at 40k a year...

If you are going to imply I am incorrect, be able to prove it. Here in PA the requirements are weak whether speaking of a state or local cop. Do you want me to prove you wrong?

Coiled03

Established Member
Let's not forget what all these case's have in common. They all start with a bad decision being made toward the officer.

Tell me how running away is bad decision being made TOWARD the officer.

Tell me how laying face down on the ground with your hands behind your back is a bad decision toward the officer.

I'm so ****ing tired of the "just comply" excuse.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Police have become militarized because that's the response that's needed due to some recent incidents. How do you expect police to respond to terrorists, mass shootings, or mob scenes? Place one or two officers on scene and pray things happen for the best? No, you respond in kind, by overwhelming the problem with police action. Send dozens of them out, send them heavily armed.

That's how you control a situation and retain order.

Certain situations may require a stronger response, but the problem is the police are starting to treat EVERY situation as if it requires a militarized response. They've become FAR too aggressive in their day-to-day dealings with citizens.

You don't need 12 heavily armed cops in battle gear driving a MRAPs to kick down a person's door in the middle of the night because they might have a bag of weed.

It's gotten totally out of control and the US is becoming a totalitarian police state. It has to stop.

Turbo5.0

Established Member
What happened to the old days where Roscoe Coletrain would shoot his pistol in the air and yell "Freeze"! LOL!

The SC incident was such a low level offense that it should have never escalated to where it did. They had his car, his friend, his ID etc... They could have investigated it further without deadly force. Shooting him in the back as he ran away was definitely not the right thing to do.

This case shares nothing in common with the Ferguson situation. That case there was a more serious issue and an advance on the officer was happening in that altercation. In any case where someone is trying to escape, flee, back off, or is not advancing with deadly force there should not be shots fired. If there is room for the officer to escape the situation and regroup it should be done. If there is room to talk and negotiate that should be done. Deadly force should only be used as a last resort.

There are just too many cases nowadays where the cops are trigger happy and are really starting to use the "in fear of my life" a bit too much. Cops of yesteryear definitely did not act like this and had a different rapport with citizens.

I agree that every and all police department should have mandatory body cameras that cannot be disabled. With the wireless technology we now have there could be live streaming to dispatch or headquarters of all officers whereabouts and situations. It would keep cops honest and make prosecutors jobs easier to nail the criminals. If they have nothing to hide and are honest in their job, there should be no problem.

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Tell me how running away is bad decision being made TOWARD the officer.

Tell me how laying face down on the ground with your hands behind your back is a bad decision toward the officer.

I'm so ****ing tired of the "just comply" excuse.

Don't comply or kiss the shoes of the gestapo members and your ass is off to the Concentration Camp or the coffin.

truefiveo

Established Member
What happened to the old days where Roscoe Coletrain would shoot his pistol in the air and yell "Freeze"! LOL!

The SC incident was such a low level offense that it should have never escalated to where it did. They had his car, his friend, his ID etc... They could have investigated it further without deadly force. Shooting him in the back as he ran away was definitely not the right thing to do.

This case shares nothing in common with the Ferguson situation. That case there was a more serious issue and an advance on the officer was happening in that altercation. In any case where someone is trying to escape, flee, back off, or is not advancing with deadly force there should not be shots fired. If there is room for the officer to escape the situation and regroup it should be done. If there is room to talk and negotiate that should be done. Deadly force should only be used as a last resort.

There are just too many cases nowadays where the cops are trigger happy and are really starting to use the "in fear of my life" a bit too much. Cops of yesteryear definitely did not act like this and had a different rapport with citizens.

I agree that every and all police department should have mandatory body cameras that cannot be disabled. With the wireless technology we now have there could be live streaming to dispatch or headquarters of all officers whereabouts and situations. It would keep cops honest and make prosecutors jobs easier to nail the criminals. If they have nothing to hide and are honest in their job, there should be no problem.

Cops are shell shocked dude..PTSD just isn't with the troops coming from overseas.
This is what first hand experience with violence does to humans.
Lets face it we all aren't built the same...

Last edited:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? People want citizenship and that somehow means the cops are moral and upstanding?

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
Mass shootings = apprehend the suspect with the highest regard for his safety

James Holmes killed 12 people in a suburban movie theatre for no reason, arrested without the use of deadly force.

This is a terrible example to use for your argument...he literally turned himself in with his hands on his car and was 100% compliant per the arresting officer. If he would've had a gun in his hand or motioned towards one, or acted aggressively in any manner, don't you think he would've been blown away?

By me pointing this out don't think I'm trying to say that Walter Scott shouldn't have been shot 8 times in the back.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Would you not agree a profession where you quite possibly hold one's life in your hands is full of responsibility and importance? I laugh at how little it takes to enter this field. IMO, I'd say six months or even a year or so is hardly enough training to work in a field where lives are at stake.

People are not looking at cops and calling them scumbags because they have killed many people a few months into this year. It also stems from how they seem to disregards Constitutional rights, act as if they are above those they work for, etc..,

Can't argue with any of this. Unfortunately, there is never enough training to prepare you for high adrenaline incidents where cops can do stupid things and make horrible judgement calls. They are human, and some things you just can't prepare for. Some are trigger happy, and some are just plain evil. Just like in any group. For the most part though, i trust police and military more than I would any other group on this planet. Even over religious figures.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Love when these type of articles come out and people get all worked up. Why would you compare us to other countries stats, when it can never be apple to apples comparison and numbers are always skewed. Piers Morgan thrived on this and will cherry pick stats instead of evaluating everything as a whole. Anyone with any sense knows not to, because then you lose shock factor of one specific stat.

Piers was notorious for quoting gun deaths but turned a blind eye to all other forms of murder and crime because suddenly it wouldn't look so bad. These crap comparisons need to stop since you can't compare places with different cultures, history and demographics.

But since we're playing the stat game...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html
article-1196941-05900DF7000005DC-677_468x636.jpg

o2gt

Established Member
I'm having a hard time believing the numbers listed for the uk. First how good was the reporting 100 years ago? Also I believe the police would have been involved in the conflict with Ireland surely there would have been some killings there. I did not get s chance to read the whole thing but maybe I could belive it more if it was only firearm.
As for listing China that's just a joke. That makes me question the credibility of the artical.

Machdup1

Established Member
So if they brought UK LE here would they kill the same rate of people and how many of them would be sent home in a box. It is easy to run your mouth from across the Atlantic.

How about we out source the LE duties to bobbies in Chicago. I bet they pass on the opportunity..

Lt14life

Established Member
In 2014 126 American Officers were killed in the line of duty, 47 by gunfire. The last time a British Cop was shot to death in the line of duty was 2012. I'm not American but anyone can see that the stats in the article are quite meaningless without some context.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I'm commenting because
I spent a few years living in the UK
The article is flawed anyways.
Carry on

...you didn't read the article not sure why you are commenting.

But if your argument is based on population numbers, you have already lost that argument based on the facts posted in the article...

nxhappy

Established Member
This country's justice system and leaders are full of pussies who coddle criminals and treat them better than their victims.

EXACTLY. Mother****ers would think twice if they had harsh punishment. But NOPE.....murder someone and get 5 years for it. It's sickening.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Love when these type of articles come out and people get all worked up. Why would you compare us to other countries stats, when it can never be apple to apples comparison and numbers are always skewed. Piers Morgan thrived on this and will cherry pick stats instead of evaluating everything as a whole. Anyone with any sense knows not to, because then you lose shock factor of one specific stat.

Piers was notorious for quoting gun deaths but turned a blind eye to all other forms of murder and crime because suddenly it wouldn't look so bad. These crap comparisons need to stop since you can't compare places with different cultures, history and demographics.

But since we're playing the stat game...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html
View attachment 39351

What? How can that be? A gun control country with a worse violent crime rate than the oh so terrible US?

Hmm...maybe a armed population and "violent" police have something to do with it?

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I'm pretty sure there was an 8 year period in our history where the wonderful UK murdered 6,800 Americans while oppressing them and unlawfully billeted King George III's red coated "cops" in their homes and caused all sorts of mayhem.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I'm pretty sure there was an 8 year period in our history where the wonderful UK murdered 6,800 Americans while oppressing them and unlawfully billeted King George III's red coated "cops" in their homes and caused all sorts of mayhem.

You shut up with your facts, we're trying to railroad an entire profession here.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
UK people not counting those crazy soccer hooligans are classier and have more common sense than Americans overall.

They're so classy we drafted up a little thing called the Declaration of Independence to honor them. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread