American Cops Killed More People in March than UK During Entire 20th Century

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Doesn't surprise me one bit...

[video=youtube;xkX-UybXo_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkX-UybXo_I[/video]

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/american-cops-killed-people-month-march-uk-entire-20th-century/

A new report by ThinkProgress.com unearthed disturbing figures when it came to the number of police-related deaths that occurred in America in the month of March alone.

Just last month, in the 31 days of March, police in the United States killed more people than the UK did in the entire 20th century. In fact, it was twice as many; police in the UK only killed 52 people during that 100 year period.

According to the report by ThinkProgess, in March alone, 111 people died during police encounters — 36 more than the previous month. As in the past, numerous incidents were spurred by violent threats from suspects, and two officers were shot in Ferguson during a peaceful protest. However, the deaths follow a national pattern: suspects were mostly people of color, mentally ill, or both.

This high number in March increased the average for police killings from every 8.5 hours, to nearly 1 police killing every 6.5 hours in the US.

These numbers are staggering and show a serious problem of the violent tendencies within the US policing apparatus.

Let’s look at our immediate neighbors to the north, Canada. The total number of citizens killed by law enforcement officers in the year 2014, was 14; that is 78 times fewer people than the US.

From 2010 through 2014, there were four fatal police shootings in England, which has a population of about 52 million. By contrast, Albuquerque, N.M., with a population 1 percent the size of England’s, had 26 fatal police shootings in that same time period.

China, whose population is 4 and 1/2 times the size of the United States, recorded 12 killings by law enforcement officers in 2014.

On average, US police kill people at a rate 70 times higher than any of the other first world countries as they “protect and serve” the American citizens.

So much for the Land of the Free…..

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
How many of those people killed were complete scumbags who would have hurt or killed the cops had they not of shot them though? Nearly 100% of them.

If people want to address the REAL problem when talking about stuff like this, start asking yourself "why do we have so many scumbag criminals in this country". Figure that out and fix it, then you will see much less shootings. You'll always have bad apples in every group though.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
How many of those people killed were complete scumbags who would have hurt or killed the cops had they not of shot them though? Nearly 100% of them.

I do not know, but I sure wouldn't speculate and just say "nearly 100% of them" would have killed those cops.

If people want to address the REAL problem when talking about stuff like this, start asking yourself "why do we have so many scumbag criminals in this country". Figure that out and fix it, then you will see much less shootings. You'll always have bad apples in every group though.

That is a fair question. It is also fair to ask why America's police are filled with scumbags in a position of authority who aren't trained properly. Still hard to fathom how a country like China with 4 times the population can have such a significantly lesser number of deaths.

There are obviously things missing, for example, like how many police officers were killed in each country during same time. Regardless, these numbers are so crazy it does raise questions. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Geeee, wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the US has a population of 320 million, unlike the UK with a population of 64 million.
The police in UK don't carry guns either.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Geeee, wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the US has a population of 320 million, unlike the UK with a population of 64 million.
The police in UK don't carry guns either.

...you didn't read the article not sure why you are commenting.

But if your argument is based on population numbers, you have already lost that argument based on the facts posted in the article...

China, whose population is 4 and 1/2 times the size of the United States, recorded 12 killings by law enforcement officers in 2014.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I do not know, but I sure wouldn't speculate and just say "nearly 100% of them" would have killed those cops.

Most police shootings occur with witnesses or other officers around to attest that shootings are justified or not. Nearly ALL of them are justified. Let me say that again, nearly ALL are justified. But like i said before, you will always have bad apples out there too who will account for those unjustified ones.

That is a fair question. It is also fair to ask why America's police are filled with scumbags in a position of authority who aren't trained properly. Still hard to fathom how a country like China with 4 times the population can have such a significantly lesser number of deaths.

There are obviously things missing, for example, like how many police officers were killed in each country during same time. Regardless, these numbers are so crazy it does raise questions. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

To say " It is also fair to ask why America's police are filled with scumbags in a position of authority who aren't trained properly." is a completely ignorant question. So because police shoot criminals all the time, they are scumbags now? They are doing their job.

Would you rather they shoot no one, and just let murders and violent offenders go about their business of killing and hurting innocent people. I know, maybe we should have sensitivity training with police and military. We'll kill criminals with kindness!

Mach828

Established Member
Herp derp derp. What a joke. This shit shouldn't even be on the air.

Take everyone who wants to be in a police free city and let them move there. Pull all the cops and emergency response teams, jails. And let those people see how quickly they run back to the arms of police. Shoot, if they are so scared of being killed by cops ship them off to the UK.

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
...you didn't read the article not sure why you are commenting.

But if your argument is based on population numbers, you have already lost that argument based on the facts posted in the article...
China also has an awesome justice system where they execute murders, rapists, repeat violent offender, which deters people from becoming scumbags. This country's justice system and leaders are full of pussies who coddle criminals and treat them better than their victims.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Just last month, in the 31 days of March, police in the United States killed more people than the UK did in the entire 20th century. In fact, it was twice as many; police in the UK only killed 52 people during that 100 year period.

Don't see how that could be possible. I would imagine UK police would end up killing more than 52 people just by accident in a 100 year period. The statistic we really need to see is how many of those people killed by cops were innocents.

It's no secret that we have a problem in this country with police and the way they operate.
They have become over-militarized and are trained to treat the citizens as the enemy.
It's going to take some very drastic measures to reverse this trend.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

^My thoughts also.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Most police shootings occur with witnesses or other officers around to attest that shootings are justified or not. Nearly ALL of them are justified. Let me say that again, nearly ALL are justified. But like i said before, you will always have bad apples out there too who will account for those unjustified ones.

LOL

Just as the shooting in SC would have been "justified" if we only had the police statements?

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
It's no secret that we have a problem in this country with police and the way they operate.
They have become over-militarized and are trained to treat the citizens as the enemy.
It's going to take some very drastic measures to reverse this trend.

Police have become militarized because that's the response that's needed due to some recent incidents. How do you expect police to respond to terrorists, mass shootings, or mob scenes? Place one or two officers on scene and pray things happen for the best? No, you respond in kind, by overwhelming the problem with police action. Send dozens of them out, send them heavily armed.

That's how you control a situation and retain order.

truefiveo

Established Member
But like i said before, you will always have bad apples out there too who will account for those unjustified ones.

I'm sorry I didn't know we counted lost lives on a tit for tat system.
Thank god your not on the streets as a cop.:lol:

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
LOL

Just as the shooting in SC would have been "justified" if we only had the police statements?

Huh? It was caught on camera... Their own department fired the guy immediately and brought him up on charges. Try again.

Yes, he was a bad apple. He will be going to prison for a long time.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
To say " It is also fair to ask why America's police are filled with scumbags in a position of authority who aren't trained properly." is a completely ignorant question. So because police shoot criminals all the time, they are scumbags now? They are doing their job.

Would you rather they shoot no one, and just let murders and violent offenders go about their business of killing and hurting innocent people. I know, maybe we should have sensitivity training with police and military. We'll kill criminals with kindness!

To be honest, when I read your quote the first time I read it as "start asking yourself '"why do we have so many scumbag in this country"" leaving out the "criminals" part. I thought you were the one making the ignorant generalization that all people are scumbags so I threw it right back making the generalization that all cops are scumbags, which I do not believe at all. That was my mistake reading that, sorry. I do believe however that there are plenty of criminal cops who need to be dealt with.

China also has an awesome justice system where they execute murders, rapists, repeat violent offender, which deters people from becoming scumbags. This country's justice system and leaders are full of pussies who coddle criminals and treat them better than their victims.

I agree with that. Maybe I directed this thread too much at "cops" rather than also put a majority of the blame on our justice system. However, the point of this thread was to illustrate that there is CLEARLY an issue in this country in terms of procedures for police officers and the justice system in general. There are countries doing this better than we do, which is a problem.

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
How do you expect police to respond to terrorists, mass shootings, or mob scenes?

Its seems to be tactics are reversed from what they should be.

Traffic stops, none violent offenses, misdemeanors = if in doubt, shoot first ask questions later

Mass shootings = apprehend the suspect with the highest regard for his safety

Terrorist attacks = deadly force is a last resort, capture the suspect alive for questioning

James Holmes killed 12 people in a suburban movie theatre for no reason, arrested without the use of deadly force. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev bombed the boston marathon injuring 260+ innocents in addition to 3 deaths, a short manhunt resulted in his arrest without incident. Brain Nichols escaped his trial, murdered a judge, a reporter and a federal agent before being arrested without incident.

Walter Scott - 50yr old man pulled over for busted taillight, shot to death in broad daylight :nonono:

Coiled03

Established Member
Take everyone who wants to be in a police free city and let them move there. Pull all the cops and emergency response teams.....

No problem.....long as I can shoot someone as soon as I feel like my life is in danger, and walk away scott free.

EDIT: Walk away after doing a thorough investigation of my own actions and finding myself completely justified, of course.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread