Alton Sterling shooting - Baton Rouge, LA

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Did he end up with a 20 year criminal record, caught with "Carnal knowledge of a minor", had multiple arrests for having an illegal firearm, resisting arrest....and have to register as a sex offender? Is that easy?

Well considering he's only 19, no. However, he's on probation for a year and has a $3000 fine. The charge is a misdemeanor and as long as he stays on the straight and narrow it supposedly will not go on he record(according to him). Thing is, when potential employers run his background this charge shows up on his record and has made it difficult for him to gain employment, therefore he may not be able to pay his monthly fine which would result in a warrant for his arrest. He worked one day at a rental car place until they got his background back and informed him they couldn't keep him. So I could see how the struggle to find work would push him to looking for other ways to make money, in turn possibly obtaining a lengthy criminal record down the line. He is a college student/athlete atm.

Steve1578

Established Member
I just found out how easy it is for kids, black to be exact, to acquire a criminal record. My nephew got into some trouble and had to go before a judge, he found out that there was also a warrant out for his arrest also when he went before the judge. They added a charge during this hearing and had him plead guilty on the spot to the charge. I told him when he found out they were trying to charge him with something else he should have asked to speak with his lawyer. He's young and didn't know any better so they took advantage of his ignorance and railroaded him. We had a loooooooong talk after I found out about this. I really want to have the case recalled but don't really know how to go about it.

What did he get in trouble for that he needed to face a judge(I don't expect an answer)? Why did he have a warrant out for his arrest? Why would they add an additional charge on him? I'm not trying to start a race war here, but I highly doubt this has ANYTHING to do with race. The justice system is flawed anyway you look at it, and it always will be. There will always be issues to overcome. However, I highly doubt that he had a warrant out for his arrest without cause.

MachJoe

Established Member
Well considering he's only 19, no. However, he's on probation for a year and has a $3000 fine. The charge is a misdemeanor and as long as he stays on the straight and narrow it supposedly will not go on he record(according to him). Thing is, when potential employers run his background this charge shows up on his record and has made it difficult for him to gain employment, therefore he may not be able to pay his monthly fine which would result in a warrant for his arrest. He worked one day at a rental car place until they got his background back and informed him they couldn't keep him. So I could see how the struggle to find work would push him to looking for other ways to make money, in turn possibly obtaining a lengthy criminal record down the line. He is a college student/athlete atm.

My sister went through the same thing for shoplifting $50 worth of clothes. $50 turned into $5,000+. She's white if that makes any difference. She also can't find a job because it's on her record, which she's working towards to get off. Do the crime, do the time...

2KBlackGT

Established Member
What did he get in trouble for that he needed to face a judge(I don't expect an answer)? Why did he have a warrant out for his arrest? Why would they add an additional charge on him? I'm not trying to start a race war here, but I highly doubt this has ANYTHING to do with race. The justice system is flawed anyway you look at it, and it always will be. There will always be issues to overcome. However, I highly doubt that he had a warrant out for his arrest without cause.

He had a Jamesis Winston type situation, not the rape situation lol the other one. The additional charge was because one of his teammates paid for their food with a credit card that wasn't his at a Waffle House. Apparently there was a warrant for all 4 of them that he wasn't aware of. He claims he didn't know the card wasn't his teammates but he was charged with misdemeanor credit card fraud: theft by receiving or something like that. Thing is we understand it was wrong and he messed up but how is he responsible for his teammate using someone else's card against his knowledge? I know when my friends pay for a meal when we're out I don't examine their card before they pay.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Sterling would be alive today if he did what the cops asked. He had a concealed gun as a parole which I'm guessing was going to send him back to jail. Based on these two choices he faught to the death.

MN looks to me was a jumpy cop who did not know exactly what to do with a legal ccw.
Why did the driver not have license and reg before cop arrived?
Did the cop yell stop and give time for the man to stop as he was going for his license/gun?
Why did the cop not have the man exit vehicle and clear license/gun on his own?

2KBlackGT

Established Member
My sister went through the same thing for shoplifting $50 worth of clothes. $50 turned into $5,000+. She's white if that makes any difference. She also can't find a job because it's on her record, which she's working towards to get off. Do the crime, do the time...

The shoplifting isn't the issue. It's the credit card thing that bothers me. Had the credit card charge not been on his record he'd still be working at the rental car place(friend of mine hired him) and would be able to pay the fine.

Steve1578

Established Member
He had a Jamesis Winston type situation, not the rape situation lol the other one. The additional charge was because one of his teammates paid for their food with a credit card that wasn't his at a Waffle House. Apparently there was a warrant for all 4 of them that he wasn't aware of. He claims he didn't know the card wasn't his teammates but he was charged with misdemeanor credit card fraud: theft by receiving or something like that. Thing is we understand it was wrong and he messed up but how is he responsible for his teammate using someone else's card against his knowledge? I know when my friends pay for a meal when we're out I don't examine their card before they pay.

Yeah I don't agree with the credit card scenario, that's nearly impossible to validate unless, as you said, you check the card prior to letting a friend pick-up the tab. Can't see how that could justify a warrant for his arrest.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Yeah I don't agree with the credit card scenario, that's nearly impossible to validate unless, as you said, you check the card prior to letting a friend pick-up the tab. Can't see how that could justify a warrant for his arrest.

He didn't know his rights. I and others failed him in that regard.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
13612398_519375298258474_5069673579899235102_n.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This is yet one more reason why I feel that all uniformed officers should wear body cameras. It keeps everyone honest.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
This is yet one more reason why I feel that all uniformed officers should wear body cameras. It keeps everyone honest.

From what I read they had them, but were not functioning when they were tackling him. As to that being the real reason, just have to wait and see.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
cant vouch for the source but posted on another forum:

9/09/96 aggravated battery
10/31/97 2nd degree battery
1/06/98 simple battery
5/04/00 public intimidation
9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a juvenile
9/04/01 domestic violence
5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
7/11/05 receiving stolen things
9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery
4/12/06 aggravated battery, simple criminal damage to property, disturbing the peace, unauthorized entry
4/04/08 domestic abuse battery
6/03/09 resisting an officer, drug possession, receiving stolen things, possession of stolen firearm, illegal carrying of a weapon with CDs, sound reproduct without consent
10/12/09 illegal carrying of weapon, marijuana possession
8/13/15 failure to register as a sex offender
4/08/16 failure to register as a sex offender
6/14/16 ecstacy and marijuana possession

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=571319&AgencyID=54068

I don't know about the rest of it though

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton-sterling-arrest-record-criminal-history-rap-sheet-sex-offender-sex-offense-crime-baton-rouge-louisiana-police-shooting-blane-salamoni-howie-lake-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/

Sterling’s offense is described as committing “carnal knowledge of a juvenile.” He was convicted on September 20, 2000 in Louisiana and released on October 3, 2004.

Court records show the victim was a 14-year-old girl at the time of the offenses. According to the charging document on file in the courthouse, the victim’s mother had discovered that she was pregnant after taking her to the doctor. The document says that Sterling, then 20, had been dating the victim for about seven months and having sexual intercourse with her in her bedroom. The charging document says he admitted to the mother having sex with her daughter and exhibited an “I don’t care” attitude.

I'm actually quite glad he got executed, now.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Sterling would be alive today if he did what the cops asked. He had a concealed gun as a parole which I'm guessing was going to send him back to jail. Based on these two choices he faught to the death.

MN looks to me was a jumpy cop who did not know exactly what to do with a legal ccw.
Why did the driver not have license and reg before cop arrived?
Did the cop yell stop and give time for the man to stop as he was going for his license/gun?
Why did the cop not have the man exit vehicle and clear license/gun on his own?

The few times I've been pulled over I've never had them ready. Not going to be opening the center console and be digging into my jeans when the cop is walking up to the car/truck. Hands on the wheel till he gets to my window

I tell the officer where everything is and I do it nice and slowly.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
The few times I've been pulled over I've never had them ready. Not going to be opening the center console and be digging into my jeans when the cop is walking up to the car/truck. Hands on the wheel till he gets to my window

This.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

G04cobra

Established Member

+1, I open both windows, I turn on the lights and place my keys on the dashboard.

Users who are viewing this thread