Alton Sterling shooting - Baton Rouge, LA

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Completely disagree. They absolutely should be held to a different standard.

This, they are in a unique position that requires a different standard. They have to be held to a higher standard. They take the job to serve and protect the people and are in a unique position to abuse the public and their power if left unchecked.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
This, they are in a unique position that requires a different standard. They have to be held to a higher standard. They take the job to serve and protect the people and are in a unique position to abuse the public and their power if left unchecked.

I'm really sorry you guys are missing my point and don't get it.

LEO's are people, human beings, they are NOT perfect, they never will be. Law enforcement mitigates the risk best they can, but a few will make the wrong decision.

Can't you understand that? Hold them to whatever standard you want, but they are human beings.

Also, IF the some of these people who where killed would have obeyed the LEO, instead of resisting/fighting, they'd still be alive. Michael Brown comes to mind...

I also noticed that no one posted up (regardless of your career), "Hey, I'd love to wear a body cam all day".

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member

LEO's are people, human beings, they are NOT perfect, they never will be. Law enforcement mitigates the risk best they can, but a few will make the wrong decision.

Can't you understand that? Hold them to whatever standard you want, but they are human beings.

Also, IF the some of these people who where wrongfully killed would have obeyed the LEO, instead of resisting/fighting, they'd still be alive. Michael Brown comes to mind...

I also noticed that no one posted up (regardless of your career), "Hey, I'd love to wear a body cam all day".

I'll wear a body cam all day. Of course I just run a performance shop...hahaha it'd be an interesting video.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member

Yep, their position involves upholding the Constitution, and enforcing the law. A job that literally manages people's rights, essentially. There are more than enough documented incidents where citizens have been dragged through the system, or even died at the hands of these entities. On the flip side, you have cops that have been unjustly reprimanded because for one reason or another have elements that work against them in a claim.

How do you avoid these unsavory occurrences? Have an UNBIASED eye that's always there. Cameras. Like I said, the best example of this are dashcams. Body cameras would be even better, since it puts you literally in the situation. Here are a few examples:

[video=youtube;XMFrX4tWxQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFrX4tWxQc[/video]

[video=youtube;3CMrfKz7cYw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CMrfKz7cYw[/video]

[video=youtube;vCidpHYLmtE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCidpHYLmtE[/video]

---------On the other end, having cameras also protects against criminals within law enforcement:--------------

[video=youtube;pQf55ziN8yA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQf55ziN8yA[/video]

This incident was the one in Miami I was trying to find.
[video=youtube;87awI5g8oi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87awI5g8oi8[/video]

[video=youtube;BQ1itV1uk-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ1itV1uk-I[/video]

Now if only we could get rid of all the potato cameras. That would truly be an evolution in gathering evidence.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Shooting is justified in this case. A pedophile, sex offender and felon in possession of an illegal firearm, struggling against police trying to grab the gun in his front right pocket. Justified shooting.

The other one with the guy in the car, not justified.

Really unsure why this thread continued after this post...

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So what happens if what the camera captured is destroyed? I'm sure a video of a serious infraction by a policeman would somehow be unobtainable. Not that it would benefit any defense. Any details on camera specifics?

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Also, IF the some of these people who where killed would have obeyed the LEO, instead of resisting/fighting, they'd still be alive. Michael Brown comes to mind...

I understand completely that people make mistakes. That doesn't change the fact that LEO's need to be held to a different standard.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So what happens if what the camera captured is destroyed? I'm sure a video of a serious infraction by a policeman would somehow be unobtainable. Not that it would benefit any defense. Any details on camera specifics?

Hypocrisy of one's life choices I guess. Career criminal resisting arrest got what he deserved is how many of us see it. Others see this gentle giant being manhandled for no reason and then executed by the police. Of course his many run ins with the law are probably fabricated, why would anyone want to be held accountable for their actions in the new America?

Coiled03

Established Member
Racist is such a strong word to use and has been neutered over the past 10 years. We are all prejudice to a certain extent but I doubt all of us are racists although a few have shown their true colors over the past few months.

That's a big part of the problem, IMHO. The meaning of the word has become so distorted, and blurred, it's ridiculous. People just use the word anytime they see something perceived as wrong that occurs between two different race people.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
That's a big part of the problem, IMHO. The meaning of the word has become so distorted, and blurred, it's ridiculous. People just use the word anytime they see something perceived as wrong that occurs between two different race people.

It goes further than that. Look at all the social justice morons, doesn't matter what the subject is, if you disagree with them they start yelling racist.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Yeah, he was "selling CD's" outside of the convenience store. Apparently that's how he was trying to make a living. I have a feeling he was doing more than selling CD's.

He also had a full time job collecting welfare.

Users who are viewing this thread