**Alternator - Removal How-To PICS **

cc03cobra

Established Member
I just finished mine up today took about an hour and a half it was pretty simple getting it out and it went through the bottom right near the fender well slid right out. Thanks guys that helped a ton thank you
AD140592-9B93-433B-9569-5712AF982E37_zpsie4mjssu.jpg

Last edited:

Fomoco69

Established Member
info

ok i tried it and failed! lol well I was running low on day light and I couldnt get the electrical connecting off..

Its easy to get the alternator loose but I wasnt sure how to get the one electrical connector off. The one that clips on. How does it come off?

I didnt bother unbolting the other one maybe then it will be more obvious how its possible to get it out? There didnt seem to be anyway to get it out even ocne those connections were removed. The side of the car, the sway bar? and some sort of bracket was in the way. Im hoping that once the electrical connections are removed there will be more freedom of movement.

How do you unclip the other connector?

Im hoping I can still do this myself. Its really ffed up how ford designed this. Im not paying someone hundreds of dollars in labor to do something that should be so simple
Alot of factors go into engineering modern cars & other machinery as well....I think they are more interested in getting them out the door as fast as possible .....& not concerned about who has to repair them.....

Fomoco69

Established Member
Cost is also a factor.....older vehicles & parts lasted longer & were alot easier to work on.....

Jeff Cole

Established Member
So, my bottom bolt broke.

Who has a write up to take the alternator and bracket off together? I'm not sure if I could wiggle the top out and then slide the bottom off after I lose the bracket bolts any input helps...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
So, my bottom bolt broke.

Who has a write up to take the alternator and bracket off together? I'm not sure if I could wiggle the top out and then slide the bottom off after I lose the bracket bolts any input helps...
Post in the main section and reference this thread Jeff. You'll get more attention quicker.

Jeff Cole

Established Member
Not from 2014 you're not. I was going to move them, but figured you needed the practice. lol

I signed on back then in search of a termi.

Haven't used the forum since then bc I've never needed any info I didn't already know(only work I performed is usual maintenance) and to look for a ported

Now that I'm in need of a new alternator, and I busted that damn bolt, I figured I'd poke around. So to me, navigation im still new to.

Jeff Cole

Established Member
There was more to that post lol, but is there a way to link this thread, or do I just reference it? Also, I did a Google search to get here, so I have no idea where this thread is located lol. Sure I could figure it out when I get off work if you don't have time to respond.

Users who are viewing this thread