Already Want Another Cobra.

divided

Established Member
Well now im wanting to get into a 04 coupe. I know I had a ton of problems with my 03 and it must have been a friday car. Anywho I have a year of warranty on the benz and need to pay it down a little so im not upside down, but im thinking i'll be in another a terminator in the next year or two. Hopefully prices will still be reasonable and my 2 point ticket should be off my record by then so insurance will be cheaper.

Just something about it thats hard to let go of. One thing is for sure, the one Im going to buy is going to be a stock low mile example with documented history.

I wont lie this community is one of the best car communities around and a huge reason I want to come back :beer:

divided

Established Member
^^ Haha totally expect that. But financially I didnt really have a choice and needed to sell. Insurance costs were killing me because of my 100+ ticket.

It's all good though. At least on my next one ill have a thorough understanding of what to look for and what I want. Id love a Oxford white coupe.

I might even look into a used GT500 if I can save enough this year. Hoping I can find something in the 30-33K range in 1 1/2 years.

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
It wont be soon as I literally just bought the Benz. But it gives me plenty of time to save and decide what I really want.

Comp281

Established Member
I've thought about selling mine but I'm learning that most people regret it since the cobra is a respected performance bargain. Hope you get back in one eventually. Thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't sell.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^ Haha totally expect that. But financially I didnt really have a choice and needed to sell. Insurance costs were killing me because of my 100+ ticket.

It's all good though. At least on my next one ill have a thorough understanding of what to look for and what I want. Id love a Oxford white coupe.

I might even look into a used GT500 if I can save enough this year. Hoping I can find something in the 30-33K range in 1 1/2 years.

I was just messing with ya,I saw your thread about selling it.Nice to see you still around like you said you would be.

divided

Established Member
Yeah this forum and community is one the best ones on the net IMO. I can't really see myself leaving. Although we have our fair share of trolls and retarded teenagers its a great place to be.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I've thought about selling mine but I'm learning that most people regret it since the cobra is a respected performance bargain. Hope you get back in one eventually. Thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't sell.

Just sell it to me...:beer:

sc98cbra

Established Member
Read sig... Sold it in September of 09... and I damn sure regret ever second of not having one. That is why I bought another in January of 010 ;-)

divided

Established Member
Im not regretting selling my particular cobra because it was nothing but issues. But I do miss a few aspects of it, well one really, powa.

Jefe

Established Member
I knew it! haha. Have you shopped insurance rates locally? A buddy of mine has an insurance agency in SoCal, PM if you want to check with him for rates. Also heard Wawanesa had pretty good rates in CA. Any of you San Diego guys getting together this weekend? Ill be in Mission Beach Thurs-Sunday but not with the Cobra...

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
In a year or two the prices of the cobras will be even lower. Their going for 16-18k these days. Ive even seen a 03 anni with 53k miles for 15k.

divided

Established Member
I knew it! haha. Have you shopped insurance rates locally? A buddy of mine has an insurance agency in SoCal, PM if you want to check with him for rates. Also heard Wawanesa had pretty good rates in CA. Any of you San Diego guys getting together this weekend? Ill be in Mission Beach Thurs-Sunday but not with the Cobra...

Yeah the 'good' insurance companies usually wont insure people with 2+ points. For reference I was paying 300+ a month for the cobra and only 130 for the Benz. I'm single 26 years old and only have 1 100mph+ ticket. Only violation ever (moving that is). It'll drop though next Feb and ill be good to go.

Agreed, in a year or two you could get an 03 for a great price. :banana:

Sad to see really. The car is worth so much more IMO. I bought mine in 07 for 25,000 with 27K on the clock (which was a good deal then) Intersting to see how much cheaper they can really go.

VtekII

Established Member
i think thats a good decision divided... doo it.. doo it. the guy is hopefully coming to get mine on friday... ive already got plans for my next one. it wont happen for atleast a year and a half though.

Frank Dux

Established Member
I remember reading your thread and how much sh*t you caught when you bought the Benz. You've got balls for coming back and saying you are ready for another one already... :)

zeus201

Established Member
^ vtek...didn't you just get an 04 cobra?

op...i know how you feel with a vehicle always seeming like something is wrong. at the moment, i'm trying to decide on a shop that could i trust in putting in a timesert or heli coil in. i really wanna to get rid of it once i get the plug repaired.

VtekII

Established Member
^ ya i did just get it, but after having it for awhile ive kinda shifted my priorities. moneys a little tight and id rather pay other things off and get back into another one shortly

Users who are viewing this thread