Almost New Upper Only Record!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
That's amazing man. Congrats on running that 10 sec pass.:rockon: Makes me want to get a solid axle just to drop the weight.

ugotbitt

JUST A VERT
Established Member
Good job Justin! Looking good Saturday That thing moves out. You'll get it soon enough.

ctgreddy

Established Member
sick times man. really impressive imo for the mods. I'd say you have the record in the bag with the little tricks you're planning.

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
That's amazing man. Congrats on running that 10 sec pass.:rockon: Makes me want to get a solid axle just to drop the weight.

Thanks I was really pleased with the way the car did! Some people hate the solid axle swap but I love drag racing so it just fit my intentions a little better than the IRS.

Good job Justin! Looking good Saturday That thing moves out. You'll get it soon enough.

Yea yea you weren't doing to shabby yourself! Congradulations on your runner up in the 5/6 speed shootout!

sick times man. really impressive imo for the mods. I'd say you have the record in the bag with the little tricks you're planning.

Thanks! I sure hope so! 10.60's or bust!

CobraStruck

Established Member
was this at rockingham?

Yes it was at Rockingham during HorsepowerJunkies Draggin Rights. It went the 10.85 during the 5/6 speed shootout against LightSpeed (a 2.2KB car) who put me out with a 10.78. I went one more pass during test and tune and backed it up with the 10.81 pass. Were you there?

Almo

Established Member
Congrats and stick with it!

My opinion, upper only around 14 to 16 pounds is more efficient for the 03/04 Cobras with the OEM non-ported Eaton than anything else.

I was too impatient and only ran an upper only 3 times and believe I was only putting down 1.69 short times. That day wasn't that great of a day to run but the car showed what it could do. I wish I would have worked the car a few more times at the track and going into the 1.50 where my car should have been tells the tale on the possibilities.

Upper only Cobra can, will and should go into the 10.50s with a great driver.

Cheers and congrats again!

-Allen

CobraStruck

Established Member
Congrats and stick with it!

My opinion, upper only around 14 to 16 pounds is more efficient for the 03/04 Cobras with the OEM non-ported Eaton than anything else.

I was too impatient and only ran an upper only 3 times and believe I was only putting down 1.69 short times. That day wasn't that great of a day to run but the car showed what it could do. I wish I would have worked the car a few more times at the track and going into the 1.50 where my car should have been tells the tale on the possibilities.

Upper only Cobra can, will and should go into the 10.50s with a great driver.

Cheers and congrats again!

-Allen

Thanks Allen means alot coming from you! I'm going to stay at it for a while because I want to go single turbo with the car eventually. Trying to build up all of my suspension and drivetrain mods first. That way the chassis will be ready when its time for more power.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Your car ran great at dragging rights man! I wanted to say hey to you at the track but I was running around helping out others. Send me a pm on here or on hpj the next time you go to the track. I plan to hit up rockingham in the spring as much as possible. What track do you normally run at? Congrats on the new best. Honestly with a 1.4x i bet you will see some 10.60s.

CobraStruck

Established Member
Your car ran great at dragging rights man! I wanted to say hey to you at the track but I was running around helping out others. Send me a pm on here or on hpj the next time you go to the track. I plan to hit up rockingham in the spring as much as possible. What track do you normally run at? Congrats on the new best. Honestly with a 1.4x i bet you will see some 10.60s.

I'm with you about next spring! I already can't wait. I've always been impressed with your car in its performance and looks! We usually go to Farmington/Piedmont (local 1/8th mile tracks) and Rockingham for the 1/4. I'm hoping for some better 60's next spring. Good luck getting to the 9's. Its a personal goal that still eludes me.

SETOMPK

Established Member
I am also chasing the 9's cant wait till next year to see what all these cars can pick up. Should be some stiff comp around here next year!!!

Users who are viewing this thread