Almost hit the wall last night at the track (video included)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosick

Established Member
sport mode wont let me do a burnout. Once i drop the clutch it falls on its face and eventually dies. Pretty embarassing having to attempt a burnout twice infront of everyone :( haha. Maybe THATS the difference between base and brembo sport mode? (i have a base GT).

I have a base and I can do donuts and burn outs etc with no problem and spin sixty feet easy.

dynasty_365

Established Member
Man I did that same thing one night. Launched from a read light at too high of an rpm and went sideways. Except a wall wasn't next to me just a big ass ditch. Glad I was able to save it. Something in your mind sometimes just makes u keep your foot on the gas when you're trying to save it. Sometimes u can but other times u just gotta get off the gas and hit th brake depending on the situation

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Glad you saved it!! The car in the other lane ran just a 7.7 @ 90 MPH. A mildly modded new 5.0 with a tire can run that!!

SicShelby09

Banned
Haters gonna hate...

Keep in mind some people have run 12.2's in the oem tires with our cars so I don't see why you don't believe I got a 12.1 with drag radials. You really need to get over this problem you have with me...

The only problem I have with you is that you are continuing to say that I dont know how to drive, and I need the factory nanny to help me keep it together. I ran a 12.49@114 on DRs with the nanny on. That was cutting a 1.6 sixty and POWER SHIFTING every gear. There is nothing more in this car, or my car at the least, without dropping weight or adding mods. Thats half the issue. The second part is that I would rather have that protection of the very useful advance track and run .1-.2 slower vs. hitting the wall and totaling it without the ability to get it fixed under insurance. We all know what would happen if you crash at the track. So stop trying to sell us all that no matter what happens, you are doomed if you get out of control. I have seen the advance track on this car, as well as other brands SAVE THE DRIVERS A$$. Before this car, and my last shelby I had an 07 C6 corvette with an A&A vortech kit. That car, with all the nannys on, would run low 11's at 130mph on the street tires. That car got out of line once on me during a run. I must have hit some fluid or something, but past the 1/8 mile it decided to wiggle. Needless to say, the car snap oversteered and the advance track came on and stopped it from getting worse while I let off and braked it down. I was probably going faster than our cars can in the whole 1/4 when it happened. And I have seen several other corvettes go through this. Its a KNOWN FACT that the corvette people, including the fastest factory corvette 1/4 mile driver of all time(Ranger on corvette forums) say you need to only put it in comp. mode(sport mode for us) to run. There are only a few tenths if anything to gain from running all off, but much more to loose. If you want to call me a crappy driver, and make fun that I need to man up and learn how to drive then go right ahead. I have no respect for you or any of these clowns that think they are immune to a cold track or some unknown fluid that could send you facing the other way. Goodluck, but I will continue to rock sport mode and still run great times.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
sport mode or TC will not help you from keeping it off the wall. I have got very side ways with both sport mode and TC full on.

The TC systems on the Mustangs are jokes.

The problem is that the system can not react quick enough. If you don't believe me, go out to a large empty parking lot and whip the car around under all the different TC settings and let me know the results!

(Ive done it and you will still spin out and get out of control most of the time if you try)

SicShelby09

Banned
sport mode or TC will not help you from keeping it off the wall. I have got very side ways with both sport mode and TC full on.

The TC systems on the Mustangs are jokes.

The problem is that the system can not react quick enough. If you don't believe me, go out to a large empty parking lot and whip the car around under all the different TC settings and let me know the results!

(Ive done it and you will still spin out and get out of control most of the time if you try)
Well I know the opposite of what you are saying to be true.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
CAI is far from mods,
I still hold the 2.3 Whipple all blower record for Lightning's 10.19 @ 132.98
And before you get your thong in a wad, What I'm saying is if you depend on electronic devices to save your ass. then it's a mater of time before one of them fails and you won't know how to react in a bad situation.
You want to run with TC, then god bless you. I prefer to drive and react myself and not depend on electronic driving aids.

SicShelby09

Banned
CAI is far from mods,
I still hold the 2.3 Whipple all blower record for Lightning's 10.19 @ 132.98
And before you get your thong in a wad, What I'm saying is if you depend on electronic devices to save your ass. then it's a mater of time before one of them fails and you won't know how to react in a bad situation.
You want to run with TC, then god bless you. I prefer to drive and react myself and not depend on electronic driving aids.

I can agree with you. But Im not relying on them. I have driven it bare back too, and I see no difference in ET or mph so why chance it? The nannys have saved my ass on the street too in sticky situations. Please, lets let this thread die. Im sorry I said anything.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I have a base and I can do donuts and burn outs etc with no problem and spin sixty feet easy.

i wonder if this is why your #8 burned up? maybe over rev? also could be the cause of your trans taking a shit.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
BURNOUTS SHOULDNT kill motors! there is a piece of info that someone aint sharing!!or something!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread