Almost hit the wall last night at the track (video included)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Fortunately noone/nothing was hurt or damaged, except my ego. Lesson learned, thats what I get for being too stubborn to abort the run :bash:. I was the second or third car after opening so no rubber had been laid down yet and the track was cold as hell...Enjoy...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-04iiFOAII&list=UUaAQE6n75zmRtNgYr28uEow&feature=plcp"]OMG wall... - YouTube[/nomedia]

i was fortunate enough to be racing a full on race car. he was far ahead and out of my out of control asses way.....I crossed the line in his lane :nono: (this is 1/8th mile btw)

SicShelby09

Banned
Fortunately noone/nothing was hurt or damaged, except my ego. Lesson learned, thats what I get for being too stubborn to abort the run :bash:. I was the second or third car after opening so no rubber had been laid down yet and the track was cold as hell...Enjoy...

OMG wall... - YouTube

i was fortunate enough to be racing a full on race car. he was far ahead and out of my out of control asses way.....I crossed the line in his lane :nono: (this is 1/8th mile btw)

Did the advance track save your ass like a few morons here said it couldn't?

RMoore92

Established Member
Wow, nice driving to not hit the wall. A mustang owner wasn't so lucky last time I was at the track as he backed his car into the wall ><

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
Did the advance track save your ass like a few morons here said it couldn't?

^Continue not learning how to properly drive your car and keep relying on your car to save your ass numb nuts...:bash:

First off, Nice save. Second, you should've gotten out of it long before going into the next gear, let the car get traction before shifting. Next time when you wheel hop like that just get out of it, roll back into the throttle and make sure the car is hooking because if you're spinning and you slam into the next gear all you're doing is increasing your wheel speed and making the spinning even worse.

Just curious... did you have the traction control and the advance trac off?

Last edited:

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Were you on street tires?

I had a hci car spin bad and kick out in 2nd, but I aborted the run and stayed in my lane.

Never gone back to the track on street tires again.

SicShelby09

Banned
^Continue not learning how to properly drive your car and keep relying on your car to save your ass numb nuts...:bash:

First off, Nice save. Second, you should've gotten out of it long before going into the next gear, let the car get traction before shifting. Next time when you wheel hop like that just get out of it, roll back into the throttle and make sure the car is hooking because if you're spinning and you slam into the next gear all you're doing is increasing your wheel speed and making the spinning even worse.

Just curious... did you have the traction control and the advance trac off?

You are a complete retard. You ever heard of a cold track? Or maybe someone dropping oil or some sort of fluid? It is unavoidable and has happened to the best of us. Having the advance track on can and will save your ass on those types of situations. No need to keep trying to defend your idiotic argument. I have seen plenty situations where it's helped the driver out completely avoiding a crash. The corvette guys swear by it and for good reason. Don't be a dumbass.

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
You are a complete retard. You ever heard of a cold track? Or maybe someone dropping oil or some sort of fluid? It is unavoidable and has happened to the best of us. Having the advance track on can and will save your ass on those types of situations. No need to keep trying to defend your idiotic argument. I have seen plenty situations where it's helped the driver out completely avoiding a crash. The corvette guys swear by it and for good reason. Don't be a dumbass.

Damn you get butt hurt :lol: I feel like explaining this to you is like trying to explain this to a wall. If you want to get the most out of your car (that's the point of taking your car to the track) and run the fastest times YOU WILL NEED TO TURN OFF THE ADVANCE TRAC AND THE TRACTION CONTROL. There is no denying it. Having the Advance Trac on while running at the drag strip will make your car lose some power. Trust me, I've tested it.

Yes I have heard of a cold track and yes there are some times when a car will leak fluids on the track but when they miss it, it's normally at the far end because the starter will see it if the fluid is on the first 330 feet. If you're past the first 330 feet and you start to lose it then 90% of the time you are going in to the wall. No system is going to save you.

Keep acting like you know what you're talking about...

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Good thing you saved it. That is why I do not go to my local track anymore. The last time I actually ran my mustang down a track was a couple years ago at Mustangweek. That track was prepped nicely. My local one has almost no prep what so ever.

SicShelby09

Banned
Damn you get butt hurt :lol: I feel like explaining this to you is like trying to explain this to a wall. If you want to get the most out of your car (that's the point of taking your car to the track) and run the fastest times YOU WILL NEED TO TURN OFF THE ADVANCE TRAC AND THE TRACTION CONTROL. There is no denying it. Having the Advance Trac on while running at the drag strip will make your car lose some power. Trust me, I've tested it.

Yes I have heard of a cold track and yes there are some times when a car will leak fluids on the track but when they miss it, it's normally at the far end because the starter will see it if the fluid is on the first 330 feet. If you're past the first 330 feet and you start to lose it then 90% of the time you are going in to the wall. No system is going to save you.

Keep acting like you know what you're talking about...

I actually know what I'm talking about. Been there. And I would not run all on, but sport mode is a must.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
advance trac off. Cant run it with anything on it WILL kick in HARD even in sport mode. Its random, at times itll let you have some control, and at times sportmode will kick in at the SLIGHTEST spin. It wont give full performance, its not launch control....

You can hear me get on and off. I was expecting it to hook as usual but.....didnt happen. Is what it is, ill be back on drag radials. Track was so bad they eventually closed one lane down. Few other cars had close calls.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKFc81quL9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]IMG_5611.MOV - YouTube[/nomedia]

I had a similar experience haha

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
I actually know what I'm talking about. Been there. And I would not run all on, but sport mode is a must.

(insert ANY facepalm pic here)

advance trac off. Cant run it with anything on it WILL kick in HARD even in sport mode. Its random, at times itll let you have some control, and at times sportmode will kick in at the SLIGHTEST spin. It wont give full performance, its not launch control....

You can hear me get on and off. I was expecting it to hook as usual but.....didnt happen. Is what it is, ill be back on drag radials. Track was so bad they eventually closed one lane down. Few other cars had close calls.

Thank you!

SicShelby09

Banned
(insert ANY facepalm pic here)

Thank you!

Lol. You are a moron and always will be. I ran 12.49@114 stock on mt et streets with the sport mode on. I was able to do a complete burnout and power shift my stock car in sport mode without issue. You guys are hopeless. The op almost crashes and you are still spouting about not taking advantage of your built in safety net. Yikes. I pitty anyone in the lane next to you loser.

AAG

Established Member
Glad you saved it! That would've been an expensive bill that your insurance company wouldn't have picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread