All that insurance talk....

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Had me inquire into Grundy's Insurance.

After a few negotiations HELLO cheap insurance. Already paid for and done with! It was actually a very easy process, I just got a quote online, snail mailed my application, they called with the approval I gave them CC number, 2 weeks later I had it all in writing in the mail.

MUST NOT BE YOUR PRIMARY VEHICLE, and MUST prove another registered and insured vehicle in your name at your address.

Less than $400 a year!!!!!!

That sure beats the $1700 I was paying.

04spinbra

Established Member
Had me inquire into Grundy's Insurance.

After a few negotiations HELLO cheap insurance. Already paid for and done with! It was actually a very easy process, I just got a quote online, snail mailed my application, they called with the approval I gave them CC number, 2 weeks later I had it all in writing in the mail.

MUST NOT BE YOUR PRIMARY VEHICLE, and MUST prove another registered and insured vehicle in your name at your address.

Less than $400 a year!!!!!!

That sure beats the $1700 I was paying.

Damn thats cheap! Is it a limited mile thing or unlimited? I was paying 105$/month with a 100$ deductable! What is your deductable?

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I'm paying around $525/yr with Grundy, I cant recall my deductibles, but they were lower than I had with State Farm when it was the insurer. My rate was based on aggreeable value of 24k

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
Yet another very compelling reason for a normal daily driver instead of a Cobra as your only vehicle.

Logic > Emotion :thumbsup:

Too many grins from daily driving....can't help myself.

I have Travelers and it is only 700 yr...but my record is great and I'm not 18....or 24....or....nevermind:).

Ralo

Established Member
Boosted how old are you if you don't mind me asking

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
i was getting hosed by geico before specialty insurance...good move OP

Important thing to note is that most specialty insurers require you to garage the vehicle. Even if they dont say it, see what happens when you ask.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Boosted how old are you if you don't mind me asking

1 speeding ticket in the last 3 year

Unlimited Mileage

Agreed upon $25k.

$0 deductible.

Attached secured garage.

"Muscle Car" insurance.

Pleasure only, not sole or back up form of transportation.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I pay 1300 a year but that's on a 03 Cobra, 03 L and a 05 Expedition. Full coverage, 500 deductible. That's with USAA.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
USAA is raping me and I can only drive the cobra 1000 miles a year

Last edited:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Ya know I went and did a quote at Grundy's and I just don't know. For both my vehicles they want $527 a year. I pay over triple that now with USAA. Sometimes things are just to good to be true and I'm wondering if that is the case here.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you are 25, what is your driving record like?

Ya know I went and did a quote at Grundy's and I just don't know. For both my vehicles they want $527 a year. I pay over triple that now with USAA. Sometimes things are just to good to be true and I'm wondering if that is the case here.

rw93cobra

Established Member
I just switched mine over to Grundy on friday. Went from $1200 a year to about $300/year for agreed value of 22k. I already had my 93 cobra insured with them so everything went pretty smooth.

ttk53

Established Member
good luck, I asked them if I could drive my car to work, and they they said once or twice, can I take it to the store or a movie. I thought it would be better to pay the extra then to have them not cover my car if something happend on the way to work. If the weather is nice I drive the cobra, if not I take my jeep.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Wow just did a quote for the cobra at 24,000 and it was 374 a year I'm paying 1200 a year now. To save money I cancel the insurance during the winter now I don't have to. Great post thanks alot OP.

Users who are viewing this thread