All-New Ford Ranger MS-RT is the Ultimate Street Truck | Ford UK

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Nice looking but, are these vehicles supposed to be fast?

Just like the Transit video - maybe if all of these tracks weren't wet they could actually get going faster than a casual cruise?

andymarkv

Established Member
I like a lot of Fords smaller offerings...and this may be stupid...but I just can't get over how Fords current small displacement engines sound.
I can't go WOT all the time, so the engine soundtrack is a good portion of my driving enjoyment.
I suppose if they included a really good selectable "fake" soundtrack that gave me the V8 experience...maybe that would be good enough. (I'm old enough to respect the fact that not everyone enjoys the melody of open pipes on a V8...)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Nice looking but, are these vehicles supposed to be fast?

Just like the Transit video - maybe if all of these tracks weren't wet they could actually get going faster than a casual cruise?

It's probably like my new dd Escape ST. It's quick for what it is but isn't fast by any means. 0-60 is 6.5 so definitely faster than any other Escape and can easily pass and have fun in it, but slow in the grand scheme. It's desperately in need of a tune.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Using "RT" is lame...

Good looking truck though.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If it gets imported, Ford will re-badge and slather the interior with ugly orange trim accents. The diesel engine will be long gone and in its place some shit version of the 2.3L engine.

How utterly sad.

In the form I see from overseas I would absolutely buy one, change the wheels/tires, play with the suspension, and daily drive it with a smile. Too bad Ford has to make everything difficult and ruin it with allocation games (and the resultant ADM bullshit). Just make it an option that anyone can order...think you can manage that Ford?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's only going to get worse, @Tob. Rapid phase-in of EVs. Broadening of European market. Brings the song, 'Satisfaction' to mind. Can't get no...satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread