Air/fuel gauge readings at WOT?

ctgreddy

Established Member
If you took the blower off sure. Way too lean tho for a supercharged car. should see a max of 11.8, preferably closer to 11.5. Is the sensor newish or does it have some miles on it? Ideally it may be a bad wideband but could be a tune. What's done to the car?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
The gauge may be right, but that's not the target a/f you want. You're more looking for 11.5. Get the car retuned and stay out of WOT operation until you do.

Blueline

Established Member
Stay out of WOT until you can have your tune checked and verify what's off, the tune or your a/f gauge.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
I haven't had my car tuned yet. I don't have any good tuners where I live so I'm going to tune the car myself. I just installed the innovate lc-2 wide band with the speed hut guage seems to work fine. I don't hear any pinging that's why I thought it was ok.

I'm also having trouble with data logging still trying to figure it out

ctgreddy

Established Member
Steigy stage 3 ported blower, sct 2600 maf, 2.95 pulley, bbk long tubes, o/r H, magna flow cat back, Ngk tr6 plugs.

do you have upgraded injectors and pumps or a bap? If not that could very well be a cause, or if you're on a stock tune for all that then also a huge red flag. These cars are hard to hear any pinging on usually due to being loud, unless you make some sort of knockaphone with copper tubing and a solo cup.

I'm gonna guess you either need to take a look at your fuel system, or the maf scaling isn't correct with that maf.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
do you have upgraded injectors and pumps or a bap? If not that could very well be a cause, or if you're on a stock tune for all that then also a huge red flag. These cars are hard to hear any pinging on usually due to being loud, unless you make some sort of knockaphone with copper tubing and a solo cup.

I'm gonna guess you either need to take a look at your fuel system, or the maf scaling isn't correct with that maf.

I'm thinking a bap should solve my problem.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member

I don't think its a stock tune no CEL I'm thinking a 93 tune.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
11.8 on mine. What's your timing at? It could be low seeing your not hearing any detonation.

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
A lot of the popular tuners offer remote tuning. Meaning you take your car to a dyno and log your pulls with the parameters they give you. You email tunes back and forth until its dialed in. I dont think you mentioned what injectors you are running?

If you insist on tuning yourself, figure out the data logging before you do any more pulls. Only takes one pull to destroy your engine if something is off.

X3FBrian

Established Member
A lot of the popular tuners offer remote tuning. Meaning you take your car to a dyno and log your pulls with the parameters they give you. You email tunes back and forth until its dialed in. I dont think you mentioned what injectors you are running?

If you insist on tuning yourself, figure out the data logging before you do any more pulls. Only takes one pull to destroy your engine if something is off.

You don't have to have your car on a dyno to datalog. Just datalog a few pulls on the highway

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Mine is right at 11.5-11.6 on E85. As others said, 12.5 is definitely too high for a boosted car. I would install a boost a pump to be safe.

TRBO VNM

What is the problem with datalogging? Have you done it yet? Is it a choppy log? Is your firmware updated on the handheld?

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
when the computer is connected to the wideband and I start up the program it says no device detected. also I don't have a handheld

Last edited:

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
I haven't had my car tuned yet. I don't have any good tuners where I live so I'm going to tune the car myself. I just installed the innovate lc-2 wide band with the speed hut guage seems to work fine. I don't hear any pinging that's why I thought it was ok.

I'm also having trouble with data logging still trying to figure it out

It says you live in San Diego, is that accurate?

Take your car up to Downey near Los Angeles. You have Racers Edge Tuning up there. I would recommend giving them a look.

Users who are viewing this thread