Air/fuel gauge readings at WOT?

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
that's a 3 hour drive and I don't have a truck to tow it

What is your AFR under normal driving conditions? It could be safe to drive if you keep your foot out of it. (Hard to do I know) If your around 14.5 +/- at idle and close to that under normal driving conditions, you are safe to drive that distance.

FYI, I have the AEM Failsafe Wideband, and I see 14.4 +/- at idle and about 11.2-11.4 under WOT.

Mail order tune is not a terrible way to go IMO with your mods (pretty standard) if you can data log and send the data back. This is just not a method I prefer. I like to have the car on the good old DYNO. That being said, you have The Dyno Shop in Santee, CA that may rent you the dyno for some remote tuning. Pretty good group of guys there.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Normal driving is 14.5, when I get this data log working I'm just going to do some pulls on the street. I live in a secluded area where I could open it up.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Yea I know there's places here but none with a good mustang cobra background. JBA is the only place that has done a few terminators but even those guys are kind of shady and very $$$$. RET is the closest/legit shop in SoCal and there prices are good too.

Jefe

Established Member
how would that work? I'm guessing I just tell him my mods and they send me the tune?
Ya he'll call you and go over what you have done and what you want. They used to have a package deal that was $399 for the XCal3 and lifetime tune revisions. Not sure if they still do it.

He will need datalogs to fine tune it but he should be able to come up with a slightly rich baseline to get you going

Eric at Brooksspeed does the same. One of the best Cobra tuners in the country

Sick SVT

Established Member
Go to ret. The drive isn't bad. I grew up in San Diego and would NOT let jba touch my car. Ret tuned my last cobra. He's good. Drive it up there and don't get wot. You do have renegade performance near Miramar also.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Just a little update car is running good now I'm reading 11 to 11.5 at WOT. Starts getting pretty close to 12 at 6k rpm so I'm going to try out this fuel pump wiring upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread