Aftermarket Hoods

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
I got an email from Saleen (Steve's daughter Molly as a matter of fact) and they said the hood should be in stock in 7-10 days. I do like the VIS Racing Stalker hood. I'm not familiar with the company though, and don't know how well the fitment would be.

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
Thanks BlackDragon that's some good info. If I end up not being able to get the Saleen then I'm gonna go with the Stalker hood.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Make sure you get a hood with a real vent on top. Ford racing and Ford engineering both said there were significant drag reductions and downforce improvements by letting the air drawn into the front grill at high speed exit out the top of the car instead of the bottom and lifting it up. Ford even took this to heart with all 2013 hoods!

the coolest and most functional IMO is the tiger racing hood. i prefer it in a solid color but some paint the center black.

justin-bell-tiger-racing-mustang-boss-302.jpg

They have a fiberglass one that is 24lbs and the carbon fiber is 14lbs i think.
factory aluminum is 32lbs. Both CF and FG will work with the factory hood latch, the recommend you add one hood pin on either side of the front.

or you can get it without the latch box in front and use 6 hood pins.
this! the S197 cars have pretty significant underhood air pressure, i wouldn't get a hood for one of these cars that didn't have some sort of vent/extractor. buying a hood with a scoop and no vent/extractor will only compound this problem.

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
I really like the Tiger Racing hood but I think it might be too aggressive for my application. My car is a daily driver (for now) and has never been to the track. I like the way the Saleen/VIS style hoods follow the car's body lines.

Also, I couldn't find a website or anything for Tiger Racing. Anyone know where I can find some information on it?

twistedneck

Established Member
I really like the Tiger Racing hood but I think it might be too aggressive for my application. My car is a daily driver (for now) and has never been to the track. I like the way the Saleen/VIS style hoods follow the car's body lines.

Also, I couldn't find a website or anything for Tiger Racing. Anyone know where I can find some information on it?

Email Paul Brown (the lead driver is also one of the main tech's for Tiger).

[email protected]

He is very helpful and quick to reply. YOu wont find it on thier website.

twistedneck

Established Member
How much are those Tiger hoods?

$750 for fiberglass
$1295 for non cosmetic carbon (i.e. its not mirror carbon, you have to paint it due to the ultra low resin content for low weight).

Add shipping to that, and at least two hood pins for the front since there is a lot of air flowing through it.

I ran out of Mustang $ before i bought mine, but its on my short list.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
they must've let their website(tiger-racing.com) expire, i wonder why.
Tiger Racing | Facebook

$750 for fiberglass
$1295 for non cosmetic carbon (i.e. its not mirror carbon, you have to paint it due to the ultra low resin content for low weight).
that's not a bad price at all, i'd put the quality of tiger racing pieces up against any other.

5.0GT

Established Member
will the car be affected in the rain with the BOSS 302s hood?

I really like it, hopefully I'll get it soon

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member

I checked everywhere and no one had it. I called Saleen a few times but they kept pushing their expected delivery date back, so I ended up getting the Cobra R hood from Cervini's. Excellent quality and it looks great! I've had it about a week and gotten LOTS of compliments. Plus it was less than half the price of the Saleen hood, so I got some $$$ outta the deal. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread