Aftermarket Hoods

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
So a huge hail storm came through while I was at work Friday. My car got messed up pretty bad. The insurance adjuster looked at it yesterday and estimated a little over $6k worth of damage. He said they won't be able to do paintless dent repair on my hood, so I'm getting a new one. He allowed a little over $1300 for a factory hood and of course that got me thinking about aftermarket hoods. That brings me to the point of this thread...I need some help deciding which hood I want (that is IF I can get by with buying an aftermarket hood with the insurance money). Right now my favourite is the Saleen Powerflow hood. I'd really appreciate some pics from those of you with aftermarket hoods. I did a search but it's hard to get decent results when you search for "aftermarket hood" since just about every thread has that in it somewhere.

alex12gt

Established Member
id look at trufiber, saleen, and cervinis my 3in cobrs cowl from cervinis is shipping out this week prepainted

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. I've never been a big fan of cowl hoods. I'm probably gonna stick with the Saleen hood. Although I'm liking Turtle's idea too!

grnenvy

Established Member
I would have to say Saleen it's awesome with alot of taste full style.
Or the new 2013 Gt hood with the lovers but not sure if it will fit.

Last edited:

implosive

Established Member
13' good won't fit, you would need the new grille and front bumper cover

allshow

Established Member
Message me I am selling a Saleen hood painted black. I have pics of it on and off the car. Only reason in selling it is because I bought a Shelby.

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
Message me I am selling a Saleen hood painted black. I have pics of it on and off the car. Only reason in selling it is because I bought a Shelby.

I can't PM you for some reason. With this being an insurance job, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get yours or not. The body shop will get the check from my insurance company, so they'll be buying the parts. When I decide what shop I wanna take my car to I'll see what they'll let me do.

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
Ok I talked to the owner of the body shop yesterday and he said they'd put on the Saleen hood for me. Now my next dilemma...I CAN'T FIND IT IN STOCK ANYWHERE!!!! I checked American Muscle, Stage 3 Motorsports and the Saleen website. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
I emailed Mr. Body Kit and BMC Extreme Customs and haven't heard back from them. Hillbank Motorsports didn't come up in my search results. I just emailed them, so we'll see. Thanks.

twistedneck

Established Member
Make sure you get a hood with a real vent on top. Ford racing and Ford engineering both said there were significant drag reductions and downforce improvements by letting the air drawn into the front grill at high speed exit out the top of the car instead of the bottom and lifting it up. Ford even took this to heart with all 2013 hoods!

the coolest and most functional IMO is the tiger racing hood. i prefer it in a solid color but some paint the center black.

justin-bell-tiger-racing-mustang-boss-302.jpg

They have a fiberglass one that is 24lbs and the carbon fiber is 14lbs i think.
factory aluminum is 32lbs. Both CF and FG will work with the factory hood latch, the recommend you add one hood pin on either side of the front.

or you can get it without the latch box in front and use 6 hood pins.

Users who are viewing this thread