AFR while under cruising condition

purdueranger

Established Member
A couple weeks ago I was driving my cobra and going down the highway it was 14.5-15.5 to one AFR and then today it was cruising down the highway at 15.5 - 16.5.

What does your wideband say what your AFR is while driving down the road? I am going to take my wideband sensor into Autozone and get a new one to rule that out. One year free warranty with it.

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
typical cruising AFR is between 14.8-15.5 mine is 14.8-14.9 that seems a bit on the lean side for cruising speeds what kind of wideband is it?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
By the time most widebands give you an accurate reading it's too late to react. They sure make a pretty light show in the car, however.

For cruising it does seem a bit high, but I wouldn't worry with it unless you're seeing those numbers under WOT.

purdueranger

Established Member
By the time most widebands give you an accurate reading it's too late to react. They sure make a pretty light show in the car, however.

For cruising it does seem a bit high, but I wouldn't worry with it unless you're seeing those numbers under WOT.

The car is getting retuned on Wednesday so I we will see.

TRBO VNM

narrow bands are the pretty light show. the innovate, dynojet commander and some others work just fine for tuning purposes. Hermann and I know Jon Lund use a more expensive wideband setup for tuning. In the past when I had an innovate setup in my car, the reading was within 0.1 of the more expensive unit.

the trick is making sure the sensor is calibrated properly and often and replaced on a regular basis depending on the fuels used.

a narrow band gauge like the typical autometer a/f gauge with the color spectrum are garbage and worth nothing for a wideband ready. those are the ones that just hook up to one of the front o2 sensor wires and don't have their own dedicated sensor.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jason, good comments on the wide band vs. narrow band. You summarized it very well.

Users who are viewing this thread