Advice on fuel mods for E85

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
He should be able to make the change in the tune for the injectors and email it to you. That should at least let you drive there.

Good point, he's emailed tune files before.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't forget to upgrade your stock feed line. I believe Summit makes an adapter so you can still use your stock rails. If you run a -8 feed line this adapter should work. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-491987-bl/overview/ Good luck.

Cool thanks for the link, I was hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade my feed line. That means if I need a bigger feed line I'll have to drop the tank anyways instead of just trying these 342 pumps.

04sleeper, what's your thoughts?

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I would give it a shot with the factory feed line like you have now. You could always add it later if you decide. If you end up dropping the tank to upgrade the pumps, then maybe do it then. But I think you will be fine with it.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You are going to purchase some ID injectors but you wont spend a few hundred more and do pumps and feed line? Your current set up might be enough but then again it might not, why even chance it? You mentioned in the past you might want to do a 2.6 upper or 3.0 upper/4# lower. Just upgrade now and go to the dyno once knowing you have enough fuel and knowing you can spin that thing to 21 psi with no worries at all. Its only a few hundred more and you have already dropped the tank once so you know you can handle it.

Your regulator/rails/controller will all work fine. Call up Jason or 04sleeper and buy some pumps/new feed and run the adapter I posted above.

JeremyH

Established Member
You are going to purchase some ID injectors but you wont spend a few hundred more and do pumps and feed line? Your current set up might be enough but then again it might not, why even chance it? You mentioned in the past you might want to do a 2.6 upper or 3.0 upper/4# lower. Just upgrade now and go to the dyno once knowing you have enough fuel and knowing you can spin that thing to 21 psi with no worries at all. Its only a few hundred more and you have already dropped the tank once so you know you can handle it.

Your regulator/rails/controller will all work fine. Call up Jason or 04sleeper and buy some pumps/new feed and run the adapter I posted above.

I agree besides, two 255 gss pumps are good for 700rwhp or so on gas, so its a stretch for sure to make the same power on e85.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Very true I suppose. When I make the switch I'll upgrade fuel line and pumps as well. Then I'll know for sure my fuel system is complete for the most part.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bdubbs where you getting your car tuned? im planning on doing an e-85 setup soon.

I go to APS, but Casey Wittmer is the tuner. I heard Andy at dynotune usa does amazing work to. Hes out of Watertown, SD so more local to you.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So when I make the swap, I'm going to run a -8 feed line. I'm assuming I completely remove the stock feed line? I forget, does this take away the stock fuel filter?

ctgreddy

Established Member
You don't need to necessarily remove the stock fuel line but it won't be used any more. I'd leave it but put rubber caps on both ends just to keep crap out of it. And yes you'll be getting rid of the stock filter and will need a new one to put in line of the 8an feed line. Just make sure it's a filter suitable for e85.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You don't need to necessarily remove the stock fuel line but it won't be used any more. I'd leave it but put rubber caps on both ends just to keep crap out of it. And yes you'll be getting rid of the stock filter and will need a new one to put in line of the 8an feed line. Just make sure it's a filter suitable for e85.

Cool thanks! I'll be getting the Fore filter kit with stainless steel filter. I'm assuming this gets mounted along the frame rail?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Here's my future upgrade list, that will be added to my fore level 1 return fuel system. Thoughts?

- ID1000 injectors
- AEM 50-1200 320-E fuel pumps (2)
I was told these don't run hot like the 465's, so hoping I can retain my fc2 controller and run the 320's full time.
- PTFE -8 stainless steel hose 15 ft. Is that enough?
- F10 inline fuel filter, bracket, stainless steel filter.
- PTFE hose end straight -8 AN.
- PTFE hose end with o ring -8 AN.

That last two fittings are hopefully what I'd need to attach feed line to the fuel hat?

And here's a link to a adapter fitting that should work to attach feed line to the stock fuel rails?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fr...7-bl/overview/

As for boost on E85? I'm still undecided. I'm tossing around just a 2.8 upper or 3.00/2lb lower, or 3.00/4lb lower.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Here's my future upgrade list, that will be added to my fore level 1 return fuel system. Thoughts?

- ID1000 injectors
- AEM 50-1200 320-E fuel pumps (2)
I was told these don't run hot like the 465's, so hoping I can retain my fc2 controller and run the 320's full time.
- PTFE -8 stainless steel hose 15 ft. Is that enough?
- F10 inline fuel filter, bracket, stainless steel filter.
- PTFE hose end straight -8 AN.
- PTFE hose end with o ring -8 AN.

That last two fittings are hopefully what I'd need to attach feed line to the fuel hat?

And here's a link to a adapter fitting that should work to attach feed line to the stock fuel rails?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fr...7-bl/overview/

As for boost on E85? I'm still undecided. I'm tossing around just a 2.8 upper or 3.00/2lb lower, or 3.00/4lb lower.

Might as well do the 3.0/4lb lower combo.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I never updated this thread. I ended up with id1000 injectors and still had enough fuel with gss342 pumps on e85 and 19 psi.

Come spring I'll be installing aem 320e pumps. I wonder if I can still run the stock feed line with the 2.6 pulley?

Otherwise I may upgrade feed line and do dead head setup while the tank is down.

Users who are viewing this thread