Adopted a new critter

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Kat loves cats...whodathunk? :lol: Beautiful cats.

My damn cat does that same on his back thing. He likes to upside down Superman on the dog bed while my 90lb Shepherd just lays beside the dog bed with this go to hell look on his face. Cracks my wife & I up every time.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not a cat person, but those are some good looking cats.

Same here. I guess If I were to get a cat, it would be a Bengal. Great looking cats. Enjoy them!
I'm a huge dog lover. Especially German Shepherds. My favorite breed.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Beautiful cats! I've been looking at Maine Coon's here lately, but a Bengal interests me too. I'm on the side of rescuing vs paying for them too, but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

My Maine Coon was an awesome cat! He was huge too, not only in weight, but he was just a big cat in general. He was a moody SOB though to anyone but me. I remember one time hearing some chirping on our back porch; when I went to look I saw that he had caught a bird and put it in a bowl. Every time the bird would chirp, he would smack the crap out of it LOL.

Another time I'll always remember was when we had a humming bird feeder on the front porch. He sneaked up while there was a bird feeding. He didn't think this through though, because he leaped (caught the bird, mind you), but forgot that behind the feeder are our windows. He smoked them, hahahaha.

Beautiful cats, Kat. I've always wanted a Bengal, I think I'll eventually pick up a Savannah however.

Kat loves cats...whodathunk? :lol: Beautiful cats.

My damn cat does that same on his back thing. He likes to upside down Superman on the dog bed while my 90lb Shepherd just lays beside the dog bed with this go to hell look on his face. Cracks my wife & I up every time.

I found this hilarious because this basically just happened to me hahaha.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This is my brother's cat that I have been living with. He rescued him and it turns out he is a Norweigen Forest Cat. Not the biggest they get but at 2 years old he is probably 20-25lbs and Im pretty sure he is mostly wild lol. Weirdest cat I have ever been around and he even waits for you to turn on the shower so he can take a shower, and then his hair gets all matted up.

20151017_235956_zpsrfenzalv.jpg

20160123_163859_zpsbtvygo1c_edit_1456874538774_zpsi9f2fsyi.jpg

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Nico's markings are simply amazing. But Cleo's eyes hypnotize. Even more than the Hypnotoad.

None of my cats are anything to rave about appearance wise. They are all feral cats that just showed up and decided to stay.

So off to the Vet they go for shots and snipping. The next to last one to show up is a real piece of shit mean ass alley cat. I can pet and touch him but he has drawn blood on others. And he will fight other cats until they are a bleeding screaming mess. I have never seen a cat with more battle wounds. I want to get him one of those red striped shirts that all the tough cartoon cats wear.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't imagine spending 6K on a horse (yes...I am well aware that's a bargain basement price) so spending equal amounts of money on a cat is bewildering.

But, again, I don't judge. Money is made to be spent on what nakes you happy. To some it's a 55k dollar Mustang, others a 10k dollar cat lol

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
I couldn't imagine spending 6K on a horse (yes...I am well aware that's a bargain basement price) so spending equal amounts of money on a cat is bewildering.

But, again, I don't judge. Money is made to be spent on what nakes you happy. To some it's a 55k dollar Mustang, others a 10k dollar cat lol

Money is made to give you options in life. It goes much farther then just 'making you happy'. Spending $15,000 on an animal, for example, might be the same to that person as it would be if you spent $250 on a puppy. It's all relative.

Its crazy to me to see so many people in modern society so quickly jealous and judgmental of wealthy individuals and families. The money is out there for anybody to go and get it, it's just most are too busy judging others and being jealous and do not know how to put their head down and go get it.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Money is made to give you options in life. It goes much farther then just 'making you happy'. Spending $15,000 on an animal, for example, might be the same to that person as it would be if you spent $250 on a puppy. It's all relative.

Its crazy to me to see so many people in modern society so quickly jealous and judgmental of wealthy individuals and families. The money is out there for anybody to go and get it, it's just most are too busy judging others and being jealous and do not know how to put their head down and go get it.

After reading your response...

Not sure if quoted me for emphasis, or as an example...

If using my quote as an example then I don't know what to say.

It's too late and I've had just enough to drink that I would rather sleep than try to understand why you quoted me and used "jealous of wealthy individuals" directly afterwards.

The more I read it the more I think you're calling me out and arguing the same shit I said....

Good day sir.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

It's too late and I've had just enough to drink that I would rather sleep than try to understand why you quoted me and used "jealous of wealthy individuals" directly afterwards.

The more I read it the more I think you're calling me out and arguing the same shit I said....

Good day sir.

2a943257662041ec4b8b7ebc97b8bc3d.jpg

scott_0

Established Member
he's adorable! my wife has always wanted a bengal, both are beautiful, thanks for sharing

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the sofa throw cover. Excellent camo for your Bengals. LOL. Your new one is really great looking. Nice, dark patterns. You obviously love cats, and take great care of them. Always nice when pets have a great home!

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Picked up my wifes maine coon at the shelter and she has been the best cat i've seen and we went back to get my wife another cat she picked out a Sokoke that has adopted me. I love the bengals and yours are good looking as hell

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Cute Bengal! His belly looks like my one Bengal Sebby. Have 2 of them that are half brothers. Only about 1 year old now.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Thanks guys! For those of you who have them, post them please!

I want to get him one of those red striped shirts that all the tough cartoon cats wear.

Hehe I laughed out loud at this, I had one of those growing up. Torn ear, missing a tooth, sweet as hell to me tho.

My cats weren't anywhere near that, but the way I see it, I got 7 amazing years outta Lola already for $300, and Nico is shaping up to be just as awesome (maybe more so, he's actually nice lol) so...the ROI is pretty damn good so far.

Good day sir.

I think he was agreeing with you in a rambling, philosophical way.

he's adorable! my wife has always wanted a bengal, both are beautiful, thanks for sharing

No problem :)

Just needs a can of Miller Lite and a trucker hat to complete the image :)

I may have stolen my brother's beer...
66874_10207793753658783_8307373788031117423_n-L.jpg

I like the sofa throw cover. Excellent camo for your Bengals. LOL. Your new one is really great looking. Nice, dark patterns. You obviously love cats, and take great care of them. Always nice when pets have a great home!

Thank you!!! They love that blanket, and that chair lol. I've had it since elementary school!

My old Bengal... Kafra (female infidel).

33dxvdg.jpg

I think I remember talking to you about her ages ago...how is she?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
That Bengal cat is amazing. where can I buy one and I assume they are more active and hyper than a regular cat?

Sorry, missed this in my quotes.

I found my breeder here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TIBCS/

Did some research, talked to her, watched her videos and checked out her site. You can search for breeders there, or find a local one you can visit, that's your best bet for buying one. Most sell direct.

And yes, they are much more active and hyper. Be prepared to have a cat that will listen, but not mind; they know what they can and shouldn't do, and will do it anyway, because they're uppity like that. They'll get on the counter, fridge, doors, wherever they want, no place is off limits. You have to be willing to give and take, and accept that they are very smart and will push back if you infringe on their freedom or insult them. They're also extremely loyal and loving, if you earn their respect. You can't go in with the 'its a lazy cat' approach, and that's what gets so many new or first time owners in trouble. They're companions, roommates, not so much pets. They will act like dogs, follow you around, play fetch or walk on leashes, but it's because they want to do it, and on their own terms. Like I said with Lola, I had to show pack dominance to her. I still have to check her occasionally. But I earned her respect, and for the most part, unless I really piss her off, she's cool. I know that's not a big sell, but it's an honest one! If you can find the balance, they'll be the coolest, best behaved cats you'll ever own.

Users who are viewing this thread