Added a Mystichrome to the Stable!

03cobraracer

Established Member
very nice car. ive seen that car in person when tim still owned it down here in GA. it did sound sick with those cams made me jealous lol

sorry to hear about the motor issues hopefully its just because of the cams or something minor. car is sexy though. I'm thinking of adding another cobra to the stable myself but I'm gonna have to buy a roller and build myself. goodluck!

Last edited:

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
very nice car. ive seen that car in person when tim still owned it down here in GA. it did sound sick with those cams made me jealous lol

sorry to hear about the motor issues hopefully its just because of the cams or something minor. car is sexy though. I'm thinking of adding another cobra to the stable myself but I'm gonna have to buy a roller and build myself. goodluck!

It really is a beautiful car. I'm pretty confident that is just the cam timing. Not sure who put them in, but with compression being down on the entire bank it seems to be the most likely scenario. All the advice I've been given points in that direction as well.

So, fingers crossed and hope that it didn't do any damage for being timed like that for so long.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Hopefully it's just a cam set up wrong. If you ever head up towards Savannah let me know I'm only about 2 hours north of you.

Zemedici

Established Member
eh, it sucks the seller did that. however part of buying a used mustang. Hell I've spent $3000 getting mine back right since I got it, and its still got some weird quirks. Just part of it. I'd chalk it up, not worth going after the guy. and That's a BEAUTIFUL car. I need to move to Jacksonville.....

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Hopefully it's just a cam set up wrong. If you ever head up towards Savannah let me know I'm only about 2 hours north of you.

For sure, we have a ton of terminators down here. probably about 20. Next time we get together, ill recommend going for a cruise up that way.

Have any vids of the cam lope idle...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get one after work.. Make sure you have something to clean up the mess your gonna make in your pants when you hear it.

eh, it sucks the seller did that. however part of buying a used mustang. Hell I've spent $3000 getting mine back right since I got it, and its still got some weird quirks. Just part of it. I'd chalk it up, not worth going after the guy. and That's a BEAUTIFUL car. I need to move to Jacksonville.....

Yea, I'm more pissed about the guy just straight up lying about it rather than the actual issue. Maybe it was the way I was raised, but I would never sell something with out full disclosure. My guess is that he was upside down on the car and couldn't get rid of it for anything less than what I paid.

But yeah man, come on down here like I said, terminator heaven down here!!
20150808_130308_zpshszme940.jpg

And that's not all of them.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yea, I'm more pissed about the guy just straight up lying about it rather than the actual issue. Maybe it was the way I was raised, but I would never sell something with out full disclosure. My guess is that he was upside down on the car and couldn't get rid of it for anything less than what I paid.

But yeah man, come on down here like I said, terminator heaven down here!!
20150808_130308_zpshszme940.jpg

And that's not all of them.

Oh I get you man. Same shit I went through with my car, but ya gotta remember not everyone was raised like you and I were.

And good god. You have all those cobras, the beautiful weather, the beaches.....hmm....

You going to Wanna Go Fast in Ocala, in January?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Oh I get you man. Same shit I went through with my car, but ya gotta remember not everyone was raised like you and I were.

And good god. You have all those cobras, the beautiful weather, the beaches.....hmm....

You going to Wanna Go Fast in Ocala, in January?

I'm not sure? I don't know what it is..... I'll look into. Ocala isn't far from us at all

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've been on vacation all week. Just got back last night. I'm going to start tearing down the parts off the blue car I want and get it back to stock so I can sell it.

Mystichrome probably won't be touched for a month or so. I'll update when I do get around to it!

Last edited:

Gary101386

Established Member
I've been on vacation all week. Just got back last night. I'm going to start tearing down the parts off the blue car I want and get it back to stock so I can sell it.

Mystichrome probably won't be touched for a month or so. I'll update when I do get around to it!

Gotcha. Best of luck!

stangfreak

Established Member
After seeing this thread, I changed my mind. I was putting my 03 cobra up for sale. Iv owned it since august of 03. Long time. It has 15,000 miles. Your car is awesome and to have two, man your lucky lol. Maybe I will hold on to mine a bit longer.

cj428mach

Established Member
Congrats. My favorite color.
I assumed you were banned after all the threads in Roadside that weren't going well.

After seeing this thread, I changed my mind. I was putting my 03 cobra up for sale. Iv owned it since august of 03. Long time. It has 15,000 miles. Your car is awesome and to have two, man your lucky lol. Maybe I will hold on to mine a bit longer.

Really? I figured you were terminator for life!

Last edited:

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
So I haven't touched the car since I've pulled into the garage the day I brought it home. I pulled it out yesterday so I had some room to break down the blue car. When I moved it there were two oil spots on the garage floor, nothing crazy, but its there. So when the motor is out I'll have take care of that aswell.

Right now, the plan is to get a compression check done this weekend. Pending results, the motor is coming out. I've been stock piling parts for it so I have everything ready to bolt on when the time comes. Here is what I have confirmed that is already done to the car.

-Ported blower with BF tb and plenum
-60s and BAP
- Bullet custom grind cams (see cam card for specs)
-Killer chiller
-FTBR full kit (bushings, diff cover, the whole deal) Dspec shocks and eibach springs
-3.27 gear
-Metco Lower pulley (4lb ring)
-Billet flow Idlers
-RAI intake
-sub frame connectors
Baer rotors and pads (still stock calipers)
-AFS 18inch reps with new tires (wheels in bad shape)
-Aeroforce gauge
-MGW shifter.
-Borla stingers with Bassanni x pipe
-Bullitt side scoops (pretty cool!)
-99/01 tails

It may have other mods, but I'm still looking around. I plan to take most of the engine stuff off and make it my own. I've been stock piling parts since I took ownership. Parts that I have acquired so far, or I already have are below

-VMP TVS (taking it off the blue car)
-Kooks 1 3/4 3inch collector headers with matched x pipe (taking them off the blue car)
-True forged Intercooler and expansion tanks
-ID1000
-Custom return fuel using the (-6) stock feed hardline as the return and a (-10) modified EVAP hardline as the feed. Division X regulator , and e85 filter
-RXT twin disk with 26 spline input shaft
-PSR Tubular K member and arms (bought this for the blue car, but I'm going to have it powder coated to match the IRS control arms)
-steeda bumpsteer kit
-new steeda ball joints
-UPR Coil over kit with 175 springs
- MM c/c plates
-powder coated valved covers (wrinkle black)

I still need to buy

-GT500 tb and inlet
-Division X hat with 465 pumps
-Quadrant and firewall adjuster

I'm sure I'll uncover some more stuff that needs addressed, but I wanted to get it all in a thread to kinda track my progress for future reference.

On to the good stuff.

Video of the car idle

th_20160823_184914_zpsmc6r1mjq.jpg

The girls.. they look very similar in the right light.

20160823_185546_zpsrkp90hxx.jpg

Cam specs

received_1765006813767171_zpskfasplid.jpg

Filty engine bay

20160724_122104_zpsqe3xpcm1.jpg

The poor condition of the wheels... I was really disappointed to see the wheels were so bad.. I LOVE these on the mystichrome.. Hoping to eventually replace these with a MINT set or possibly some TF Mach 5s
20160724_121941_zpsdsgyhjtm.jpg

IMG_2236_zpshi9yvdrp.jpg

IMG_2252_zps2y9mjofg.jpg

20160823_181041_zpsdwj0fnta.jpg

Cant wait to actually dive into this car. But the blue one needs returned to stock and sold first! Hoping to have it gone within the next month. The TVS comes off tonight!

Last edited:

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Well luckily I had most of this for the sonic blue car. And alot of the mod money comes from stuff I'm selling off of either one.

Gary101386

Established Member
Damn, you're really sorting your stuff out! Based on the pictures you posted awhile back when you first got it gave me the itch to get 99/01 tails... So happy I did!

Users who are viewing this thread