A Very Brief Photo History of Ford's Special Vehicle Team ("SVT")

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Very good right up, but you like already stated, you left out the 99-01 cobras, and the 93-95 L's.

97StangSVT

Established Member
Don't forget about SVO.. That is when it really got started. Special Vehicle Operations Department was the roots for SVT.

Anyone notice the seats in the pic of the yellow 03 vert?

Yes, I noticed the seats. Also, the color also looks like SY and not ZY. Those seats look like they are out of a 01 cobra.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Why do you stamp SVTP on images that are from Ford's media library? :shrug:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
SID297 said:
The Raptor's off-road performance is unmatched by any other production pickup.

I wouldn't quite go that far. The Dodge Power Wagon is just as, if not MORE capable in certain situations. Front and rear lockers, electronic swaybar disconnect, factory 12K winch, solid front axle, etc...

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Yes, I noticed the seats. Also, the color also looks like SY and not ZY. Those seats look like they are out of a 01 cobra.

and the rears dont look like they even have the inserts... pre production pic?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

That was likely a pre-production show car.

Why do you stamp SVTP on images that are from Ford's media library? :shrug:

A couple of reasons. First, I use a batch editor to resize, rename, relocate, and watermark images. One button does it all, so why not do it all? Second, if someone were to hotlink one of those images to another site it will have the SVTP logo on it. If someone is going to use SVTP server resources for their own purposes SVTP should get some advertising out of it.

I wouldn't quite go that far. The Dodge Power Wagon is just as, if not MORE capable in certain situations. Front and rear lockers, electronic swaybar disconnect, factory 12K winch, solid front axle, etc...

I would. The Raptor can do basically everything a PW can do off-road at least 95% as well, if not better. The reverse isn't true.

GJMCAR98

MOTOROLA MAN
Established Member
Hi Guys. I hang out on the R Forms ( own a 95R #99 ) but I also own. 98 and a 99 Cobra and I was just wondering, Why didn't Ford build a 2000 Cobra other than the R. GJ

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I would. The Raptor can do basically everything a PW can do off-road at least 95% as well, if not better. The reverse isn't true.

So wait.... You're saying that the Raptor can do ALMOST everything the PW can do, and yet the Raptor is still superior? LOL

:lol1::lol1:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So wait.... You're saying that the Raptor can do ALMOST everything the PW can do, and yet the Raptor is still superior? LOL

:lol1::lol1:

Yes, because the Raptor can do basically everything that a PW can do nearly as well, if not better. A PW cannot do everything a Raptor is capable of, such as high speed runs, hill assent/descent control capabilities, obstacle detection, etc. The PW is built for low speed, the Raptor is built for high speed yet is more than capable at low speed. That is superiority.

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Hi Guys. I hang out on the R Forms ( own a 95R #99 ) but I also own. 98 and a 99 Cobra and I was just wondering, Why didn't Ford build a 2000 Cobra other than the R. GJ

From what I remember they never built a 2000 cobra because of the issues they had with the 99.

Awesome write up too! Glad to see the 99/01 got some Lovin at least even if they are the red headed step child!

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
late to the thread....
SID, nice contribution/write up for the "SVT" legacy. hope to hell they (FORD) brings back SVT!!! (the REAL SVT)

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
The only thing "Shelby" about it is the name. The car was totally designed and engineered under SVT. Also, don't forget the SVT Raptor.

Oh, I understand and I'm well aware of the Raptor, and even the Sport Trac concept. It's just mixed emotions with the SHELBY/SVT thing...:beer:

F8LBYTE04

SVT died when John Coletti left imo....03 04 were the last real SVT COBRA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread