A few winter mods

ctgreddy

Established Member
Wow that's quite the kit. I really don't need a wb kit, I already have one.

sell your wideband for 1-200 and come in even lower on the innovate kit and no need for more gauge bezels lol

MalcolmV8

Established Member
This is pretty sick and clean install . So the main reason you added the MS3-pro is the E-85?

You still be able to run the J&S safeguard and your own module with the MS3-pro

No main reasons for ms3:
Tired of struggling with tuning hoops I have to jump through making my huge injectors and MAF work. They are beyond the ECU limits.
Better engine management at these levels of performance.
Closed loop WOT operation
Flex fuel ability (so yes E85 advantage)
It data logs constantly to an SD card. Never have to worry about a laptop or handheld or anything else trying to grab logs.
Many more but those are some key points.

I won't be using the J&S Vampire anymore as the ms3 has knock protection functionality built in. I believe it may even have lean protection built in too but I have yet to notice it. I'll get back to that at a later time.

Holy hell I'm loving what you're doing with the setup! that dash and ms3 will be awesome. Nice choice on rods, if/when I need engine work I'll be using the molnar's. Haven't heard an ounce of negativity with them and the price is too good to pass up. who's doing your pistons?

Also what's the details on that heat exchanger? I would be very tempted to do something like that on mine and want to ditch the bumper support anyways.

Yes the Molnar rods are super impressive. It made sense to go that route right now.
I was originally going with Diamond but their tech support sucks. They're rude and not very personable. I was trying to get some very specific custom made pistons and it almost ends up in a yelling match. They just talk over you and blow everything off and just want to get you off the phone as quick as possible. My prior experiences at Diamond have sucked to but I was hoping to work off my previous design and go from there. I ended up scrapping that.

Instead I gave Gibtec a call and they were much more helpful. I told them how I wanted my pistons designed and made and the guy listened, offered his input and feedback as needed and boom we were done. Painless and simple. I liked that.

Heat exchanger is an AFCO unit made for the GT500. You can PM me for more info on it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
sell your wideband for 1-200 and come in even lower on the innovate kit and no need for more gauge bezels lol
Well I have the aeroforce gauge and there wideband. I don't think it would make much sense.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Yes the Molnar rods are super impressive. It made sense to go that route right now.
I was originally going with Diamond but their tech support sucks. They're rude and not very personable. I was trying to get some very specific custom made pistons and it almost ends up in a yelling match. They just talk over you and blow everything off and just want to get you off the phone as quick as possible. My prior experiences at Diamond have sucked to but I was hoping to work off my previous design and go from there. I ended up scrapping that.

Instead I gave Gibtec a call and they were much more helpful. I told them how I wanted my pistons designed and made and the guy listened, offered his input and feedback as needed and boom we were done. Painless and simple. I liked that.

Heat exchanger is an AFCO unit made for the GT500. You can PM me for more info on it.

Seems like more and more people are going with gibtec's. Great looking products from what I've seen. Ill probably get ahold of you for more info on the gt500 unit soon. Looks like a no brained to do imo.

blownfox

Established Member
I know you said you would get back later but if you going to sell your lean protection mode, I would be interested in it! I think i read somewhere you were no longer making them.

Anyway awesome build!

No main reasons for ms3:
I believe it may even have lean protection built in too but I have yet to notice it. I'll get back to that at a later time.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I know you said you would get back later but if you going to sell your lean protection mode, I would be interested in it! I think i read somewhere you were no longer making them.

I forget if we exchanged PMs, if not shoot me one. I had to many people ask me for the Lean Protection Module since it's the last one. I just haven't had a chance to put together a brand new wiring harness and parts to go with it. I'll get that knocked out this weekend hopefully.

Hey Malcolm-

Any updates on your build? Keep us updated:)

Bits and pieces here and there. Nothing overly exciting lol. Been tied up with work lately.
I did get word last week my pistons were finally made and shipped to the machine shop so my block and related parts should be ready for pickup in the next week or two hopefully.

blownfox

Established Member
I forget if we exchanged PMs, if not shoot me one. I had to many people ask me for the Lean Protection Module since it's the last one. I just haven't had a chance to put together a brand new wiring harness and parts to go with it. I'll get that knocked out this weekend hopefully.

I responded to your PM. Please let me know if you got it.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome progress. I happen to have a MS3 laying around and would like to get it in my Cobra one day.

Users who are viewing this thread