A Dream Come True: New Terminator Owner!

4601S/C

Established Member
Drove from Missouri to Indiana back in March to pick it up (Saw it on Ebay and made an offer). The seller said it had an engine noise, but had no idea what it was. Other than that it was stock except for Flowmaster exhaust. When I got there I took a look over it, and it seemed OK, but did have a very faint tick that seemed to be coming from the bell housing. I figured it was probably coming from the clutch assembly, but I was prepared to deal with an engine problem. I drove it back home to Missouri with 28,700mi on it. Long story short; It turned out to be a spun #7 rod bearing. Now it's got a new lease on life with a built engine (HUGE thanks to my builder: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:Brad:beer: & Phase2 (Todd):rockon:Machining.). Still has the factory blower setup though (no need for the extra power...yet or the money now lol). I'm absolutely loving this car! Still have to get it to the track, and I want to get it on the dyno to see what she's putting down. Right now though I'm thrilled to just drive it.

Current Mods:

18cc Manley Platinum Series 2618 pistons w/ offset Chrome-Moly pins

ARP 2000 hardware (heads, rods, mains)

Total Seal stainless steel rings (file to fit)

Melling [billet] oil pump

Reische 170* Thermostat

Flowmaster American Thunder 2.5” cat-back (drones like hell at about 1850rpm steady throttle, but sounds good IMO)

JLT Pre-filter

Billetflow IRS brace

Kenne Bell Anti-burst Disc

More to mods come:burnout:...

I don't plan on getting too crazy with it as far as power goes. Thinking somewhere between 500-550rwhp, and I plan on sticking with the Eaton.

Enough with the story, and on with pics! [I plan to detail it tomorrow]:
img3232jm.jpg

img3230ue.jpg

img32272.jpg

img3231ir.jpg
img3238vk.jpg

img3233tv.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Good looking Cobra you found. I assume you made an offer assuming you had to do some engine work of some sort. Glad it's all worked out for you. Your mods like is impressive. At least you know you've got a nice, stout engine under the hood. :)

4601S/C

Established Member
Glad to hear it has worked out for ya. Where at in Missouri are ya? I live on the kc side.

St. Louis

Congratulations! Good looking Cobra you found. I assume you made an offer assuming you had to do some engine work of some sort. Glad it's all worked out for you. Your mods like is impressive. At least you know you've got a nice, stout engine under the hood. :)

Yeah I made him an offer, called him about the specifics, and told him if he was willing to take down the auction early and work with me on the price (didn't want a bidding war with anyone on the site) I would drive up and get it.

04RiceEater

Established Member
Why didnt you detail it and then take pics? Anyway nice redfire, I had a 04 redfire back in the day and that color is under estimated on how good it looks.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Congrats on the car, it looks good. Its hard to compare to the feeling of picking up your new mustang and driving it home.

4601S/C

Established Member
Why didnt you detail it and then take pics? Anyway nice redfire, I had a 04 redfire back in the day and that color is under estimated on how good it looks.

I'm gonna post pics of it after the detail, but that will be for the Pic/Vid buffet. I agree about the color. I used to think Sonic Blue or bust, but after seeing more Redfire cars in person I became a much bigger fan. I still love Sonic Blue, but Redfire suits me just fine. I really didn't want a red car, but Redfire so dark and deep it doesn't feel like I'm saying "I'm speeding!" constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread