A Case for the Mustang Mach-E | Why Ford Is Risking Mustang To Take On Tesla

Bensin

Established Member
Performance has something to do with it...Offering EV versions that are quicker than the Mustang GT makes sense to label it in the "Mustang Family". I've have been in it, you will be pleasantly surprised. I'm not a EV guy but I will have one.
Where is the performance in estimated mid 6 sec RWD and mid 5 sec AWD? Or is it the GT under 4 sec for the price of 60500 usd? Or is it the even faster one. The Mock-E GT Performance Edition mid 3.5 sec they talk about at 12:00min in the video? Tesla just call it the Y Performance. Cant wait for someone to tell me about their Mock-E GT Performance Edition in summer 2021.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I cant get behind Ford using the mustang name to make an SUV/cross over. I see for all of us that have passion for the mustang and what it means that ford Slapped us in the face with this mach E. As others had stated if they had started a new line with a new name i can see ford fans get behind this new electric SUV.

Unfortunately i dont think ford is even considering its loyal base on this decision to use the mustang name. I personally think they are after a whole new market of people. Which may or may not work for them.

blk02edge

Established Member
I cant get behind Ford using the mustang name to make an SUV/cross over. I see for all of us that have passion for the mustang and what it means that ford Slapped us in the face with this mach E. As others had stated if they had started a new line with a new name i can see ford fans get behind this new electric SUV.

Unfortunately i dont think ford is even considering its loyal base on this decision to use the mustang name. I personally think they are after a whole new market of people. Which may or may not work for them.
I actually think Ford did it as a big FU to us gear heads in some sick twisted way, we all know the GT500 and Bronco wouldn't have happened under this new Greta style leadership. Sadly, it probably will work out for them. Weird times where i'd rather see Ford fail over chevy/dodge

einehund

Established Member
I actually think Ford did it as a big FU to us gear heads in some sick twisted way, we all know the GT500 and Bronco wouldn't have happened under this new Greta style leadership. Sadly, it probably will work out for them. Weird times where i'd rather see Ford fail over chevy/dodge
I'm in the same boat. Minus the new GT500, my next new vehicle will not be from Ford. Super disappointed in the direction of the company and i will reflect that disappointment with my wallet to another company.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

It was Jim Farley's idea so knowing what they say about him he probably did it out of his own selfish desires to be relevant and the big mouth in the room.

I'm not going to get butthurt over the car because I understand why they did it from a business standpoint, but if I owned Ford and I deeply cared about the Mustang as a product I would have ordered them to develop it to receive the Falcon nameplate and tell them to make it a sportier line of electric SUVs and sedans and make it perform as good as the Teslas and even rival the Mustang in some performance aspects. Make it something that actually seriously competes with the best of them and isn't a half-assed product like the Fusion Sport or Explorer ST.

Bensin

Established Member
I dont know what they marketing the Mock in US as, but Ford Europe call it an electric performance SUV. But it is just elements of Mustang designstyling on a CUV. The performance is non existing. Your beeing gapped in a Mock AWD 46K usd even if you pull up to the cheapest Tesla 3 RWD 40K usd! You will be destroyed in your Mock AWD vs. base 3 AWD. That is just dragrace, but you also can not hang in the corners in your CUV vs. a car. Your getting destroyed by a Tesla 3 thats cheaper, and also has better performance. The Mock is an embarrassment to the Mustang name in performance numbers alone. That it looks like an generic CUV for Karen is just another insult. Making an in between electric car was something you could do when Tesla only offered S and X. Mock could fill the gap between Leaf and Model S. But not in late 2020 when T3 has been out for years cheaper and faster. It is just a cluster **** bringing all the performance name from the Mustanghistory in a KarenCUV, and have Bill Ford repeating it goes like hell. Is he talking about the Mock-E GT Performance Edition mid 3 sec or all the Mocks? And if 3,5 sec goes like hell what goes the Tesla 3 Performance 3,2 sec like? They used Mustangbranding to bring cool for the customers that dont care about Mustang, but it degraded the Mustang. I cant recommend Mock as it just an expensive in between LEAF and Tesla 3! Had Ford all my life, but F if they think they can ride the Mock on the popculturewave we as Mustangowners have made the last 55 years. As they say dont bring a Mock-E to a Tesla 3 fight unless you want to be the joke.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
It was Jim Farley's idea so knowing what they say about him he probably did it out of his own selfish desires to be relevant and the big mouth in the room.

I'm not going to get butthurt over the car because I understand why they did it from a business standpoint, but if I owned Ford and I deeply cared about the Mustang as a product I would have ordered them to develop it to receive the Falcon nameplate and tell them to make it a sportier line of electric SUVs and sedans and make it perform as good as the Teslas and even rival the Mustang in some performance aspects. Make it something that actually seriously competes with the best of them and isn't a half-assed product like the Fusion Sport or Explorer ST.
Why call it a Falcon? I keep seeing people suggest other classic names and this suites none of them. They dont need to re-hash anything, its a new vehicle call it something new, like... Just mach E. Nothing wrong with Ford Mach-E. That would have pissed off exactly nobody.

Bensin

Established Member
Mock-E GT under 4 sec at 60500 usd. Wonder what the GT Performance Edition mid 3 sec will cost?
Missed an opportunity to brand the GT with out the long name the: GT Non Performance Edition.
Or how to make a mockery of the GT badge.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Why call it a Falcon? I keep seeing people suggest other classic names and this suites none of them. They dont need to re-hash anything, its a new vehicle call it something new, like... Just mach E. Nothing wrong with Ford Mach-E. That would have pissed off exactly nobody.

The Falcon is a classic name but it just got discontinued only a couple years ago. It wouldn't be reviving a really old and dead nameplate.

Bensin

Established Member
Falcon was performance. Mach-E is not. Falcon was a car we in Europe wish Australia was allowed to export.

blk02edge

Established Member
The Falcon is a classic name but it just got discontinued only a couple years ago. It wouldn't be reviving a really old and dead nameplate.
Still.. Why a Falcon? What is Falcon about an electric jellybean? Literally nothing. Leave existing names alone unless its an actual resemblance

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Still.. Why a Falcon? What is Falcon about an electric jellybean? Literally nothing. Leave existing names alone unless its an actual resemblance

It could be anything but I brought up Falcon because it is the other model in Ford's line up that has competing potential to the Mustang.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Does this mean Lincoln’s version will be the Cougar Mach E. Mercury doesn’t exist and the Mustang’s “deceased twin” is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread