990rwhp on stock 2018 Mustang GT - L5 Whipple on E85

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Agree the real weak link for the 5.0's is the block, no uncommon for them to blow water jacket areas from being spun so high.

CGI block in the next GT500 would be sick!

following MPR on instagram the 18 blocks have definitely been updated in that area, how much stronger it is I have no idea

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Have there been any reports of these big horsepower Coyotes letting go or is it too early to tell? ...

I just heard a rumor the other day that the RTR Stage 3 Mustangs were pulled/canceled because the engines were letting go under boost. No idea what kind of boost or blower.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I just heard a rumor the other day that the RTR Stage 3 Mustangs were pulled/canceled because the engines were letting go under boost. No idea what kind of boost or blower.

Well how much boost then? Cause there are tons of supercharged 5.0s out there, but considering it is RTR I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to push an insane amount in order to make it significant and stand apart from the run of the mill 750hp Coyotes.

Kiohtee

Established Member
What's a safe power level for a stock Coyote with a PD blower?

Gen 1 - 600-650RWHP (with oil pump gears)
Gen 2 - 800-900RWHP (with oil pump gears)
Gen 3 - TBD (presumably with oil pump gears)

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
This thread is funny. So much hate LOL !!

Midnight performance has gone 8.6’s at 164 REPEATEDLY with their 2018 car on the stock motor and —more impressive—stock 10r80.

Will it last forever? Hell no.

Sure as fawk ain’t no damn dyno queen tho like this thread assumes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Kiohtee

Established Member
This thread is funny. So much hate LOL !!

Midnight performance has gone 8.6’s at 164 REPEATEDLY with their 2018 car on the stock motor and —more impressive—stock 10r80.

Will it last forever? Hell no.

Sure as fawk ain’t no damn dyno queen tho like this thread assumes.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I wouldn't call it hate so much as unfamiliarity and pure shock. It's an amazing time to be alive for us car guys. And it's like it happened overnight.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Nice. Palm Beach Dyno delivering as always. I'm sure they will shock some people with this 18.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Fair enough and probably true.

If the customer understands the true risk of the mods and fuel they are on, let her buck. Always sad to read the threads from guys who clearly didn't understand and are staring a new motor bill in the face.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
No hate here, I hope these little engines live for plenty of passes and street abuse. The engine in my car is a Livernois 1000hp short block and it would be great to get that kind of strength out of a stock engine. It sure would cut down on the cost of running low 9s.

KEVINS

Established Member
Instead of calling BS or complaining about people that are pushing these cars that hard the Ford community should be rallying behind those people who are doing it. Who cares if it breaks! We as enthusiast should want people to push the limits with the stock parts and praise their work b/c that's how better/stronger parts are created. When parts break we now know the limit of the parts allowing us to build our own combos around the known limitations that are discovered.

To those people that are pushing the stock parts: GREAT JOB and keep it up! It's exciting as hell seeing what you've done!

ks

jaxbusa

Established Member
lol.

I knew someone who had a supercharged 3v. wanted a built motor in the worst way. My tuner tuned the car, put a kenne bell with all the bells and whistles. He was beating the shit out of this car bc he wanted the stock motor to break . and when I say beating the shit out of it, bro, this car, I have no idea how the motor didn't blow. We all said, damn man, you must have a good tuner haha. some people just dont mind.

His wife probably told him that he couldn’t build an engine until that one broke.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread