990rwhp on stock 2018 Mustang GT - L5 Whipple on E85

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
That's cool....until it shits the bed.

Do people just want to have the biggest numbers, regardless of whether or not it will live?

Probably just a dyno number for bragging rights. First time at that power level at 140 mph in the real world may not end well and they probably know it. Still badass it can make that much with a stock long block. I'd rather have a turbo kit if pushing one that hard. Way less crank stress. I wouldn't mind having one of these cars to play around with one day.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Have there been any reports of these big horsepower Coyotes letting go or is it too early to tell? I know there are known weak parts in it that shouldn't handle that amount of power but I'm always just curious if Ford maybe pulled a fast one somewhere and put together a freak of a motor.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Big numbers for sure. Wonder how long the engine is going to last if it gets pushed very often?
Probably not very long at all. lol
I wouldn't want to find out after spending all that money on a brand new car and upgrades/install/tunes only to have it grenade. :confused: lol

Zemedici

Established Member
No joke when i was at Injected there was a guy with a Shelby, said he wanted stock motor record, didn’t care if it blew up the next pull.

Not getting involved in that shit show buddy. Hahahaha find someone else.

SirShaun

Established Member
No joke when i was at Injected there was a guy with a Shelby, said he wanted stock motor record, didn’t care if it blew up the next pull.

Yeah that's not a good look for whoever tunes it.

I'd like to see a side by side comparison of internals, gen 2 vs gen 3.

Gen 3 has a slightly larger bore/valves so it's a bit more efficient. Not those kinds of numbers, efficient though lol. The pistons probably share the same DNA.

The only way I see the Gen 3 taking this kind of abuse, is if they upgraded to thicker rods. That's how the stock internal LSXs are getting away with huge numbers. OEM Pistons and Crank will take some boost, typically the rods are your problem.

The stroke remained the same, so I don't know.

Any side by side comparisons, same mods, Gen1/2 vs Gen 3? Really get a picture of what the efficiency is good for. It did make 25hp/20ftlbs over the gen2 stock for stock.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
That's cool....until it shits the bed.

Do people just want to have the biggest numbers, regardless of whether or not it will live?

Lots of people make one pull, show a huge number and then everyone online believes that car remains at 1000rwhp, is at the track 20 times a week, they pick up the kids, drove cross country, etc. Nobody reports what happens to the car a little later. I read in between the lines. This goes for all cars.

badmpg03

Established Member
Why all the negative nancy’s? :p
We getting to see the limits of a new gen coyote free of charge...! If a shop or owner wants to grenade one, so be it! I’m enjoying it

No one knows consistent limits yet it seems. The dark red one with twins, stock motor/trans been running 155-160 MPH in quarter since April.
LS/LT What??!!:D

stangfreak

Established Member

lol.

I knew someone who had a supercharged 3v. wanted a built motor in the worst way. My tuner tuned the car, put a kenne bell with all the bells and whistles. He was beating the shit out of this car bc he wanted the stock motor to break . and when I say beating the shit out of it, bro, this car, I have no idea how the motor didn't blow. We all said, damn man, you must have a good tuner haha. some people just dont mind.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Why all the negative nancy’s? :p
We getting to see the limits of a new gen coyote free of charge...! If a shop or owner wants to grenade one, so be it! I’m enjoying it

No one knows consistent limits yet it seems. The dark red one with twins, stock motor/trans been running 155-160 MPH in quarter since April.
LS/LT What??!!:D
They finally broke the diff on that car with an 8.6@164mph pass

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
How the **** are we supposed to know the limits of stock engines? Ask your self that question....

That block will last forever until it blows up. Its American, not guilty until proven otherwise...

merkyworks

Established Member
Agree the real weak link for the 5.0's is the block, no uncommon for them to blow water jacket areas from being spun so high.

CGI block in the next GT500 would be sick!

fearthesnake

Established Member
Isn't there a TT 5.0 in another thread running 1,000+ whp on stock block/tranny? Appears he has been running it hard judging by the Videos.

Users who are viewing this thread