96 Cobra Hellion 76mm Turbo Kit Install

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Nice.
So you flip the manifolds forward or does the kit loop back around to the front? This is the kit that fits with the mm k member, right?

b00stin

Established Member

b00stin

Established Member
Starting working on the car again. Need to install the struts, fuel pump, and run the oil lines for the turbo... dyno day is set for may 2nd at walsh motorsports in Michigan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

otter

Established Member
I have a 04 mach 1 with a vortech s trim and will be getting tuned at Walsh as well. Dropping it off on Apr.17. Been having cold start issues with the shop that originally tuned it and haven't been able to get it right. I've heard nothing but good things about Walsh Motorsports

b00stin

Established Member
I have a 04 mach 1 with a vortech s trim and will be getting tuned at Walsh as well. Dropping it off on Apr.17. Been having cold start issues with the shop that originally tuned it and haven't been able to get it right. I've heard nothing but good things about Walsh Motorsports

how did the dyno tune go yesterday?

b00stin

Established Member
So i went to get the vehicle tuned today... the car has been kinda falling on its face when shifting to second gear light throttle driving. i thought because it wasn't tuned yet this is normal.. so i take the car to the tuner today and i get a phone call saying there is an issue with the vehicle that it is falling on its face and won't accelerate or basically do anything and it is puffing black smoke. they said that it could be bad injectors.. so they swap them out with known good ones, it doesnt change. now they say that it could be a bad mass air flow sensor. the sensor was brand new out of the box... i checked for any leaks in intercooler piping or anything abnormal and i found nothing. it sounds like the vehicle just isnt tuned to me and is running rich.. i then called pro-m and they had me back probe the connector for the mass air flow and check the voltage output at idle and while reving. .5 volts and idle and up to 2.1 volts while reving in neutral. pro-m said this is correct and the mass air flow is fine...kind of stumped at this point. the tuner said to swap back in my stock mass air flow and injectors to see if the problem goes away.. but that just doesn't seem right and basically a waste of time if we already verified injectors and mass air flow were fine...

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
It def. sounds like it's a rich condition for whatever reason. I'd seriously start looking for another tuner who can diagnose it.

b00stin

Established Member
the fact that the vehicle hasn't been tuned yet and im running larger injectors/fuel pump...granted the maf is calibrated for 60lb injectors...shouldn't the vehicle be running rich at this point?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
What size injectors do you have now? It will run rich until tuned properly. The tuner's job is to dial this in. I imagine it can be tuned without having the MAF recalibrated but not sure.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
the fact that the vehicle hasn't been tuned yet and im running larger injectors/fuel pump...granted the maf is calibrated for 60lb injectors...shouldn't the vehicle be running rich at this point?

it's a tuning issue - working on mine right now- but mine goes lean with throttle in- ****ing load with failed maf tables

Users who are viewing this thread