950+whp GT500 vs Procharged C6 vs 715whp GTR; Cammed Camaro vs Evo

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
That's exactly what makes me want to put a built TH400 in my mustang. I could make that kind of power (950-1000rwhp through a manual or around 850 through a slush-box), and I'd hate to lose to a car making 200rhwp less just because of traction issues and losing boost between shifts.

A buddy of mine is going an auto conversion in his C5 Z06 right now.. He wamking 1000rwhp, but just couldnt get the power down to the ground (he didnt want to minitub and he was on NEW M/T slicks). He would roast the tires at 70 on the street.. And half way down the track.. :lol1:

Autos definately help when you're making that kind of power.

boostedoval

Established Member
Ok and he was running 9's with same mph and less power I don't get it everytime he does something to that car he goes backwards lol. It's sad there's over 100 grand in that car and 1000 hp and he is running with 700 hp cars.

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
Ok and he was running 9's with same mph and less power I don't get it everytime he does something to that car he goes backwards lol. It's sad there's over 100 grand in that car and 1000 hp and he is running with 700 hp cars.

You also have to remember those GT500's are pigs, they weigh close to 4000lbs. A Vette and GTR do not weight even close to that. And any person can drive a GTR, there is no challenge to drive a car that is AWD and has paddle shifters, shit my 4 year old could drive it. Those cars were all sick though, but I thought the GT500 was having more things done to put it over 1000rwhp+?! Nice runs!

:beer:

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
not gonna lie those were some pretty sick cars in that vid. i cant imagine my car having almost a 1000 hp! if i did i would of already put it into a tree or another car. :nonono:

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
You also have to remember those GT500's are pigs, they weigh close to 4000lbs. A Vette and GTR do not weight even close to that. And any person can drive a GTR, there is no challenge to drive a car that is AWD and has paddle shifters, shit my 4 year old could drive it. Those cars were all sick though, but I thought the GT500 was having more things done to put it over 1000rwhp+?! Nice runs!

A vette is significantly lighter, but you're wrong about the GTR. It has a curb weight of only 100 lbs less than the GT500.

C6Z06427

Established Member
not sure why you salleys are getting upset by the hazards. We was doing that crap 20+ years ago. Nothing like putting salt in the wound after smoking some dude you dont like or just to give your bud some chit

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
First, no one calls anyone else "sally" these days, gramps. Second, you missed the point. Using hazards is kinda retarded, but if you're going to use them to indicate a win, it's best to race for more than 2 seconds before flicking them on. LITERALLY 2 SECONDS (they start at 1:48, and the hazards are on by 1:50).

Chris

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

The 2008 Shelby weighs 91 lbs more than a GTR the 2011 Shelby have lost 120lbs. Chris' plugs suggest he is running lean on two cylinders he ran a 9.69 with less hp than he ran on the Dyno with E85. I suspect he was having traction and power issues.

Last edited:

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
Get that gt500 the right tires and let him start in the same gear as the gtr =)

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Nice races. Must suck to have so much power and so little traction. About the auto... i know they put down the power alot easier and smoother than a manual. But how much fun can you have in an auto when your not racing it.

obZidian

Established Member
I believe slowwhiteshelby had some issues with the car that night and is in the process of repairing them.

The GTR is and the performance exhibited in that video is solely due to that trans. Without a doubt, that trans keeps it in the powerband, all day long.

The C6 was also having some issues with spark as well.

As for the weight... the GTR and Gt500 are very close so weight is not the issue here... TRACTION is. And yes, this is the SAME gt500 that was toasting the tires in 3rd at a low mph. The car has potential to be stupid quick... it just needs to have the bugs fixed as the setup is new and that brings new little things you have to fix.

Users who are viewing this thread