950+whp GT500 vs Procharged C6 vs 715whp GTR; Cammed Camaro vs Evo

obZidian

Established Member
The GTR doesn't much less than the gt500 but that vette does.

I'm wonder what pcm/tuning solution they got on that GTR to hit 26psi.

THAITED

Established Member
^^^It is but did he really need to flash the lights when he clearly won, I just don't get it. It is a nice car though.

LthlGt500

Established Member
I don't know if you guys have raced a GTR yet, but they are very hard cars to beat, for 1 traction is not a issue with those cars, the shifting is second to none, the way the car transfers power from the front to rear wheels make it have great top end compared to a 50/50 front/rear wheel power distribution on most 4wd cars. The very short 7 speed gears give it great acceleration. then you add a greddy kit@26psi and you have a monster....they agreed that the GT500 at 60mph roll would have pulled from the getgo, the 40 roll the GT500 had traction issues from 2nd then from 50 it came out in 3rd at 3000rpms give or take bogging it down...still though for 140trap GTR it proved to be quite the adversary for Chris

THAITED

Established Member
I don't know if you guys have raced a GTR yet, but they are very hard cars to beat, for 1 traction is not a issue with those cars, the shifting is second to none, the way the car transfers power from the front to rear wheels make it have great top end compared to a 50/50 front/rear wheel power distribution on most 4wd cars. The very short 7 speed gears give it great acceleration. then you add a greddy kit@26psi and you have a monster....they agreed that the GT500 at 60mph roll would have pulled from the getgo, the 40 roll the GT500 had traction issues from 2nd then from 50 it came out in 3rd at 3000rpms give or take bogging it down...still though for 140trap GTR it proved to be quite the adversary for Chris

It's a bad ass car, I agreed.

obZidian

Established Member

It's a 6 speed, in case you were wondering.

But yeah, they're a hard car to catch if they get the hit on you.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Not really clean runs with that GT500..Against the GTR it started at a low RPM, he did start pulling up top. Against the C6 it never had a clean run.

Good kills/deaths regardless.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
this is not an excuse, but is this gt500 the same one a guy was posting vids of him spinning in 3rd gear from a very slow roll and 4th gear barely could hold on?

flashers were :kaboom:

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
That's exactly what makes me want to put a built TH400 in my mustang. I could make that kind of power (950-1000rwhp through a manual or around 850 through a slush-box), and I'd hate to lose to a car making 200rhwp less just because of traction issues and losing boost between shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread