95 Cobra Turbo 10.5psi vs 500rwhp Ported 03 Cobra **video**

cuda

Just a quick race between me and a friend of mine. We went from 2nd gear roll 30-120.

Power mods -

03 Cobra mods - borla exhaust, intake, 2.80 upper, apten ported blower, 315 nittos, SCT tune, put down 503rwhp/490rwtq

My 95 Cobra - bone stock 170,000mi longblock, intercooled DIY 60-1 turbo kit, 3.27 gears. Running 10.5 psi in this vid.

http://media.putfile.com/cobra-cobra2

Expect some more vids when I crank the boost up and tune a few more issues out :coolman:

cuda

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Damn it seems to be running better than when you ran the Lightning! How much boost now? Good video!

I cranked the boost up a tad, running 10.5 psi in this vid :thumbsup:

wldtang

Banned
so you finally ran the 03 everyone was talking about on TM.com. Glad to see that. Crank the boost up to 12lbs and my guess is you will walk by him.
Can't wait to get mine together so I can see if it will run that strong.
What tuning have you done?

wldtang

Banned
He don't need gears. He just needs to up the boost to 12-14 lbs. That will cure everything.
I am switching my 3.73's for some 3.27's.

machslammer

Established Member
He had 3.73 gears, but backed them back down when the turbo went on. I have a set of 3.55 here that came out of my mach if he wants a set. :) Oh and btw it is a diablo tune not sct :) And you forgot my xpipe! LOL. Yeah he already jumped the boost up on me from that L vid. 10.5 psi and this baby rolls out. I made 476rwhp/481rwtq on a loaded mustang dyno and those other numbers were from a dynojet before i bought the car. I dunno if people are still trying to figure out the diff in dynojet/mustang dyno but this would only be a 6% diff in mine. Good run man and we will have to do it again sometime!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
wldtang said:
He don't need gears. He just needs to up the boost to 12-14 lbs. That will cure everything.
I am switching my 3.73's for some 3.27's.

There is something wrong when a turbo V8 pushing 10.5psi of boost can't keep up with a 500rwhp Cobra IMO.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
There is something wrong when a turbo V8 pushing 10.5psi of boost can't keep up with a 500rwhp Cobra IMO.

Its a 100% bone stock motor on low boost? What don't you understand? Remember now, 94' cobra hardware isn't as potent as some of the new stuff.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:

I though he hung better then he should of :shrug:

cuda

wldtang said:
so you finally ran the 03 everyone was talking about on TM.com. Glad to see that. Crank the boost up to 12lbs and my guess is you will walk by him.
Can't wait to get mine together so I can see if it will run that strong.
What tuning have you done?

I'm running a Megasquirt for full fuel and spark control...tuning it myself as I go :coolman:

cuda

Stopsign32v said:

Even with a 12 year old 170,000 mile motor - stock block, rods, pistons, crank, heads, upper/lower intake, pushrods, springs, rockers, hell even EXHAUST MANIFOLDS.

And this is all on about the smallest turbo you can put on these cars, a 60mm.

:poke:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Man that was a sweet vid. Nothing like an 11 year old car beating up on it's younger brothers. LOL :thumbsup: :rockon:

chuckstang

Established Member
why is this motor able to take the abuse from a turbo
I had a 95 gt and never would have imagined putting a turbo on it lol

Users who are viewing this thread