95 Cobra Turbo 10.5psi vs 500rwhp Ported 03 Cobra **video**

machslammer

Established Member
what your car make with a procharger stopsign? My cousin has a 99 snake and was thinking about adding a blower of some kind. What all kind of work have you had done to it? Thanks.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
machslammer said:
Keeping up with a terminator is a job for some of the previous gen mustangs.

I've had no problems surpassing stock/lightly modded terminators with my supercharged setup @ 16#'s on a motor with about 185k+ on it.

cuda

Stopsign32v said:
Oh ok, well in that case then that was pretty damn impressive! :thumbsup: I thought I was looking at a HCI+turbo car at the least.

Only thing you'd find on my motor that's not from the factory is some new HG's and head studs :thumbsup:

cuda

ford5.0forlife said:
Nice runs, I expected you to get walked. I guess the gt-40's and cobra intake will respond to boost a little better than e7te's. 170K miles and your hitting it w/ 10.5 psi? Other than bragging rights i dont think thats a wise decision w/ the hyperteutonic (sp?) pistons. But then again mustang people always have something up there sleeves ;-) :beer:

I think the GT40's do work a little better than the E7's, the only problem with them is that they have much thinner decks than the E7's.

I'm not worried about the hypers, the block will go before they do :rolling:

jimbo7200

I see slow cars..
Established Member
for high mileage and the car to have just 10 pounds of boost, that is real good man. just some bolt on's and some internal work and you will be moving

cuda

jimbo7200 said:
for high mileage and the car to have just 10 pounds of boost, that is real good man. just some bolt on's and some internal work and you will be moving

I think I'll pretty much pray that this one doesn't let go and stay around 10-12lbs until it goes. Then maybe either another cheap shortblock, 351W, or maybe mod motor :beer:

wldtang

Banned
You have to crank it up to 12-13 lbs just once and run the 03 cobra again. We want a video of you walking away from him.
Please!!!! Just once.

cuda

wldtang said:
You have to crank it up to 12-13 lbs just once and run the 03 cobra again. We want a video of you walking away from him.
Please!!!! Just once.

I think if I fix my boosting issue I should be able to beat him on 10.5psi ;-)

Maybe next time I'll stop being lazy and actually edit up a good vid :thumbsup:

Boostaddict5.0

Turbo Head
Established Member
Just remember c16 is your friend! What is your timing in the lower rpm's (spooling)? Check not only intercooler piping, but also check for exhaust leaks before the turbo.

Yeah what the hell is up with that video...a DIY turboed 95 cobra with 170,000mi on the clock hanging with a 500rwhp 03 Cobra. You need to do better than that with the video. :dw: :beer:

cuda6pak said:
I think if I fix my boosting issue I should be able to beat him on 10.5psi ;-)

Maybe next time I'll stop being lazy and actually edit up a good vid :thumbsup:

Last edited:

cuda

Boostaddict5.0 said:
Just remember c16 is your friend! What is your timing in the lower rpm's (spooling)? Check not only intercooler piping, but also check for exhaust leaks before the turbo.

Yeah what the hell is up with that video...a DIY turboed 95 cobra with 170,000mi on the clock hanging with a 500rwhp 03 Cobra. You need to do better than that with the video. :dw: :beer:

Spooling range the timing is around 26 and steadily drops from there per psi.

Next video I'll edit up something good :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread