95 Cobra Turbo 10.5psi vs 500rwhp Ported 03 Cobra **video**

Boostaddict5.0

Turbo Head
Established Member
Man that makes me proud cuda! All I was able to run was a couple of lightnings with the kit. Take it up to 12psi and have some fun....I did! Keep the gears, and get HCI for that snake....i've got something for ya in a couple of months.

machslammer

Established Member
hey ran decent at 1/8 mile track a few weekends back for street tires and being easy on it. He can tell times if he wishes. I was a little surprised he kept up that well myself. I had a feeling it was gonna be a close one though!

And the stopsign comment at top of page was uncalled for. A 99 cobra like yours with a turbo dyno'd here at 420 rw at 9 psi. If he is making the same boost that car was making then they should be around the same rw and the 99 could not have kept up either. :)

machslammer

Established Member
Not to sound cocky or anything but how many stock longblock cars with just a turbo at 10.5 psi can keep up this well? This car is strong for 170k miles and just a turbo with exhaust. Keeping up with a terminator is a job for some of the previous gen mustangs. Shoot my mach with a 100-150 shot couldn't even keep up with the other 5k i put into it :p

Last edited:

cuda

Boostaddict5.0 said:
Man that makes me proud cuda! All I was able to run was a couple of lightnings with the kit. Take it up to 12psi and have some fun....I did! Keep the gears, and get HCI for that snake....i've got something for ya in a couple of months.

haha, that's your kit in action! Works pretty well, only real problem I want to fix is I don't see full boost until 4000+rpms so it hurts me down low and on the shifts. What are you putting together???

cuda

machslammer said:
Not to sound cocky or anything but how many stock longblock cars with just a turbo at 10.5 psi can keep up this well? This car is strong for 170k miles and just a turbo with exhaust. Keeping up with a terminator is a job for some of the previous gen mustangs. Shoot my mach with a 100-150 shot couldn't even keep up with the other 5k i put into it :p

Hehe, there will always be haters....we'll have to have another run at it when I bump it up to 12psi and hopefully figure out my boosting issue :rockon:

wldtang

Banned
You running stovck exhaust headers? Did you do a DIY kit?
There is a couple of 94-95 cobras over at TM.com that run just a single kit turbo putting over 500+ rwhp. Some pushing 600.
more boost will put the 03 cobra behind. Shit you are already hanging at his door.

Boostaddict5.0

Turbo Head
Established Member
cuda6pak said:
haha, that's your kit in action! Works pretty well, only real problem I want to fix is I don't see full boost until 4000+rpms so it hurts me down low and on the shifts. What are you putting together???

Well thats weird, because I was seeing full boost (10psi) by 3000-3300. Are you leaking anywhere? Whats your timing?

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Nice runs, I expected you to get walked. I guess the gt-40's and cobra intake will respond to boost a little better than e7te's. 170K miles and your hitting it w/ 10.5 psi? Other than bragging rights i dont think thats a wise decision w/ the hyperteutonic (sp?) pistons. But then again mustang people always have something up there sleeves ;-) :beer:

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
cuda6pak said:

you could get your impellers clipped 10* it would help bring boost in lower 500-1k. sweet car, absolutely amazing(to me) how well it runs stock with 170k. :rockon: :beer:

noon3

Banned
Stopsign32v said:
There is something wrong when a turbo V8 pushing 10.5psi of boost can't keep up with a 500rwhp Cobra IMO.

Honestly STFU. That's like saying something is wrong when it takes a supercharged v8 to simply keep up with an N/A v8. That kinda shoots the Ford GT, GT500, Cobra, etc....out the window in comparrison against the ZO6....but you wouldn't see it that way.

cuda

wldtang said:
You running stovck exhaust headers? Did you do a DIY kit?
There is a couple of 94-95 cobras over at TM.com that run just a single kit turbo putting over 500+ rwhp. Some pushing 600.
more boost will put the 03 cobra behind. Shit you are already hanging at his door.

Yep, it's a DIY kit with stock modified exhaust manifolds. Actually it was BoostAddict5.0's first kit he made for his 95 GT!

Last edited by a moderator:

cuda

Boostaddict5.0 said:
Well thats weird, because I was seeing full boost (10psi) by 3000-3300. Are you leaking anywhere? Whats your timing?

I need to check the spots where it's clamped together at the manifolds and the crossover....I haven't really had a chance. Though I can't hear any leaking there at idle, what's the best way to test? Guess I could try some soapy water but I figure that'd evaporate right off.

Timing is at 20* at 10psi and 23* at 5psi

Stopsign32v

Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
Its a 100% bone stock motor on low boost? What don't you understand? Remember now, 94' cobra hardware isn't as potent as some of the new stuff.

Oh ok, well in that case then that was pretty damn impressive! :thumbsup: I thought I was looking at a HCI+turbo car at the least.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
machslammer said:
And the stopsign comment at top of page was uncalled for. A 99 cobra like yours with a turbo dyno'd here at 420 rw at 9 psi. If he is making the same boost that car was making then they should be around the same rw and the 99 could not have kept up either. :)

Thats funny, my car with 10psi out of a Procharger made over 100rwhp more than that 99 Cobra you are talking about. And my car has never had the valve covers off...

Users who are viewing this thread