93 vibrant red/blk cloth

CrashTest

Established Member
Still have not found a nice Fox yet so I'm going back looking at old threads. Noticed in the picture above that this car seems to be missing the driver's side VIN tag on the fender. Wonder what's up with that.

CrashTest

Established Member
That's cool. Just didn't see the one on the driver's side fender next to the shock tower where they usually are as can be seen on your passenger side.

VIN-1.jpg

cobra1993svt

Established Member
The vin tag is there just not wherte you think it is. I'm buying a Carbag tonight. Getting it inspected in the am. Spending a few days to get her really clean and putting her away on jackstands in the Carbag for two more years.
Back up for sale in 2 years.
Thanks

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Price adjustment $18000

All documents SVT cert ect

Plus a box of OEM tune up parts

Serpentine Belt

Your choice of 2 banners from my Garage(excluding the huge SVT banner)

All the trophies that it has won 3-4 boxes(if you want them)

Car cover and wheel covers to keep the car cover clean(with lock if i can find it)

And various other items I'll find along the way
Its back in my garage on jackstands as of 6-10-11

Thanks Paul

Last edited:

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Had to get it inspected the past weekend and BOY was it a hassle. Put it on the trailer, drive to inspection station, take off trailer,drive one mile in car to show odo works,put back on trailer,drive to my warehouse, take off trailer. Wash car for the first time in two years.Got to laundry mat to was car cover. Put car on trailer again to store for a bit at my work so I can clean out garage.
I did drive it for 4 miles last Thursday and I really think I'm done with it.I dont feel the need to do car shows anymore and my 7 year old isnt impressed with it anymore.
It might be time for someone else to enjoy it. Ive havd it for 18 years. I guess if I dont get my price I'll spend the $300 for a car bag and it will sit on jackstands in my garage for another 2 years

I also just put on new wipers on. They go with the car

On a side note I have a friend selling 93 Replica 4 lug polished wheels with Kumho tires for $800

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
Well hope you the best with selling the car, I am sure someone will end up with a nice car!

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
The vin tag is there just not wherte you think it is. I'm buying a Carbag tonight. Getting it inspected in the am. Spending a few days to get her really clean and putting her away on jackstands in the Carbag for two more years.
Back up for sale in 2 years.
Thanks

Just out of curosity, where is the vin tag located?

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Just a hair out of the pic. Trust me I'm the original owner and outside if me only 2 other people have ever driven this car.If you follow the fender line and the white box line where they meet is where the vin tag is

Last edited:

CrashTest

Established Member
The driver's side VIN tag on my last Fox was a little farther forward than the passenger side but yours must be even more far forward.

red_vin.jpg

WillyB93

Established Member
Every car has them in different locations, I have seen them up by the battery are too. Same with all the rest different locations.

CrashTest

Established Member
Every car has them in different locations, I have seen them up by the battery are too. Same with all the rest different locations.

I've never seen them up by the battery but I guess it's possible. Only seen them by the strut tower for LX/Cobra and up by the firewall for GT's.

OE replacement fenders have a little manufacturing tag that says "Ford" on it up next to the battery and from a distance it looks just like a VIN tag. A few weeks ago I looked at a car that was missing the passenger side VIN tag and the seller tried to convince me that the manufacturing tag was the VIN tag.

:nonono:

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
I have seen that on the replacement fenders, I seen a later black car this weekend and all the VIN tags were off from the usual spots.

Users who are viewing this thread