9 Sec TT 03 Cobra

BLK_03

Established Member
Shit's weak!

I can't wait to launch with a little more boost.

Thanks for the positive comments guys! It's been a LONG road building this car.

IMG_5795.jpg

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Very nice. You are my role model. I hope to do something similar but do it on a Twin Screw (Probably going to need a touch of nitrous on top of that to hit the numbers a turbo car does). Full weight everything Ford put on the car but better type of thing. Congrats on 3 awesome passes.

EVO-lution

Established Member
congrats on a sick time...I really wish I can start saving my money to build a motor soon.

Your car takes off like a raped ape.

portcity_gt

Established Member
Omg that is sweet!

Can you please share your front coil over setup? Shocks + springs (load).

I have tried three different coil over setups and Im still not happy.

i also have the strange 10 ways up front, except i have 225lb. springs with a d&d coilover conversion kit.
and i have a set of 12 way qa1 coilovers in the back w/150lb. adjustable control arms and a competition engineering anti sway bar. and it dead nuts hooks now, and carries the front tires about 6 inches off the ground for a few feet with only a 1.70 60'

76mmsaleen

Established Member
It really isn't anything fancy.

281 Teksid bored .030 over. CP pistons and Manly Pro I beams. SS Ferrea valves. Comp Springs. GT cams. Stock Cobra heads VERY lightly cleaned up. No tricks.

When it was a stick car, the torque was always consistently around 100 ft-lbs lower than the hp.

The torque converter with the auto acts as a multiplier.

what converter and how much stall ?

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
I just have to say again , thank you for proving that your don't have to be some redneck racer with gutting a completely good looking car just to loose 1\2 of a second.

I can only hope i make enough to come close to your numbers
awesome numbers all around!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Right at 3700 lbs. Nothing has been removed from the car except for the following:

-Supercharger/Intercooler/Heat Exchanger/Intercooler Reservoir and plumbing (and replaced with the turbo kit obviously). I have no idea what that weight difference is.
-Teksid block (saves a little weight over the iron block)
-Solid axle (saves a little weight over the IRS)
-TH400 (pretty close in weight to the T56)
-Bogarts
-K member and coilovers

Everything else is still in the car. Seats front and back, A/C, power steering, locks, airbags, stereo and rear Mach460 deck, carpet, insulation, all of it. Nothing removed specifically for weight savings.

That sounds a little heavy for for what weight reduction you have. Figure without you in it that's around 3500lbs with a solid (-125lbs), Teksid (-75lbs), Bogarts and slicks/skinnies (-100lbs), and K-member/coilovers (-60lbs). Unless that turbo kit weighs way more than the stock blower setup (It could I don't know) you should be closer to 3300lbs?

BLK_03

Established Member
what converter and how much stall ?
Ultimate Converter Concepts. Stalls to 3800 as soon as I slam the pedal on the brake, then climbs quickly to about 4200-4300 where it really builds boost.

CONGRATS BRO!!!! Wish I could have been there to see you run. I cant see the vid its blocked over here. Also I cant get on to Stl-Speed. Dont know why. Anyways Good job!!!!

Thanks Jared. No Stl-speed.net??? How can you get through the day, lol.

That sounds a little heavy for for what weight reduction you have. Figure without you in it that's around 3500lbs with a solid (-125lbs), Teksid (-75lbs), Bogarts and slicks/skinnies (-100lbs), and K-member/coilovers (-60lbs). Unless that turbo kit weighs way more than the stock blower setup (It could I don't know) you should be closer to 3300lbs?

I scaled the car and we adjust the antiroll bar accordingly. That was the weight with me in it. I will say, one turbo almost weighs as much as the supercharger. I was very surprised. SFI bell, converter, non-aluminum driveshaft, all the turbo piping, etc. I weigh 185.

BLK_03

Established Member
YouTube - Battle of the Boards July 3rd 2009

Car is at:

1:28 (1/4=10.04@150, 1/8=6.6@110, 60'=1.70 leaving with 3-4 psi 1st gear=18 pounds 2nd gear=21 pounds and 3rd gear=25 pounds... bumped the controller up in boost after shifting into each gear).

3:23 (On the brakes after the 1/8th since tech yelled at me for going 150mph. 1/8=(1/8=6.5@113 60'=1.69, again leaving with 3-4 psi 1st gear=21 pounds 2nd gear=21 pounds...didn't bump the boost).

4:52 ... I fell out of the video frame because I knew I would lose the round, and I stayed on the brake a little longer trying to build boost. It didn't build much, and still only left with 5 or 6 pounds, but you can sure hear those turbos spooled when I go by!!! (1/4=9.59@147 1/8=6.2@118 60'=1.64 leaving with 5-6 psi. Had the Boost Controller set at 25 pounds all the way down the track).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread