9 Sec TT 03 Cobra

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I was gonna say if your looking to run 9.9 and car traps 150.. u should easily be mid 9's.. and you got that with your last pass!

venomws6

Established Member
Now this deserve a big hell yeah Congrats man thats awesome for a street car.

I wish I can run 9s.

Venimus03

Established Member
Damn, a 9.59 with only a 1.68 sixty! How much boost was that on?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
SICK man, congrats on the pass! With a little more T&T in it, and a 1.4X 60' that thing will be FLYING!!!

turbosaleen

Established Member
putting a three speed auto in it kinda defeats the purpose of keeping all the street stuff

I mean who cares if you got ac if you run down the highway at 3000 rpm at 70 mph ..

might as well go ahead and take the weight out and make it realy run now.

Last edited:

BLK_03

Established Member
putting a three speed auto in it kinda defeats the purpose of keeping all the street stuff

I mean who cares if you got ac if you run down the highway at 3000 rpm at 70 mph ..

LOL

A local guy is well known for his quote : "If you have haters, you're doing something right."

I went through 3 T56 transmissions before I went this route. It was out of necessity, not choice.

I have a 3:27 gear in the rear... not for track purposes, but for street purposes. It does just fine at 70 mph thank you very much. Initial plans were for a Gear Vendor unit, but after driving it on the street, I have no desire.

venomws6

Established Member

What kind of car do you have??

mid 9sec car with crappy 60ft hitting rev limiter a couple of times and over 3400lbs with A/C and you can drive it on the street

and your still NOT impressed :??:

You must have Mid 7sec street car with Manual transmission.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
whats the motor setup to get that kind of tq. ? the reason i'm asking is that i just dynoed my car and it made 757 rwhp and 618 tq. maybe i can learn something from you..

BLK_03

Established Member
whats the motor setup to get that kind of tq. ? the reason i'm asking is that i just dynoed my car and it made 757 rwhp and 618 tq. maybe i can learn something from you..

It really isn't anything fancy.

281 Teksid bored .030 over. CP pistons and Manly Pro I beams. SS Ferrea valves. Comp Springs. GT cams. Stock Cobra heads VERY lightly cleaned up. No tricks.

When it was a stick car, the torque was always consistently around 100 ft-lbs lower than the hp.

The torque converter with the auto acts as a multiplier.

Users who are viewing this thread