9.5:1 Aluminator owners

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Hey guys, I just received this info in an email from a Ford representative. Looks like they are doing what they can to make it right.

Ford Racing said:
Ford Racing has determined that a few M-6007-A50SC crate engines were
built with stock oil pumps instead of upgraded pumps as intended. Ford
Racing can determine by serial number which engines have the stock oil
pump and will work with customers to get affected engines upgraded to the
proper pump. Forum members that purchased an M-6007-A50SC crate engine
after January 1st 2013 are encouraged to contact the Ford Racing Tech
Hotline at 1 (800) 367-3788 to determine if their engine is affected.
International customers can call +1 (313) 621-0771.

D.T.R

Established Member
^ Well that's good to know. I'm just very curious as to how they're going to approach the labor part if i need the gears in my motor.
Can i do it myself? sure. But that's not right as i shouldn't have to go through all that because of THEIR fault.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Hey guys, I just received this info in an email from a Ford representative. Looks like they are doing what they can to make it right.

Ok, so are they paying the cost/labor associated with my engine failure due to the stock pump failing? I dont believe i should have to pay the labor to remove & reinstall the engine because a part that failed shouldnt even of been in there.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Ok, so are they paying the cost/labor associated with my engine failure due to the stock pump failing? I dont believe i should have to pay the labor to remove & reinstall the engine because a part that failed shouldnt even of been in there.

I agree. How long it'll take to get paid is the biggest question. I also wonder if they are gonna make you take it to a dealer to be swapped.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Hmmm... Good but a definition of how far they are willing to go to fix issues would be great also. Like if a fella blew his whole motor will they send him a brand new motor? But good to see FRPP taking action, keep us up to date fellas on what happens here and how the issue is being resolved.

stretchb

Established Member
Hmmm... Good but a definition of how far they are willing to go to fix issues would be great also. Like if a fella blew his whole motor will they send him a brand new motor? But good to see FRPP taking action, keep us up to date fellas on what happens here and how the issue is being resolved.

all they did on mine is polish crank , rod bearings and gears. should have let it run until it seized!

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
all they did on mine is polish crank , rod bearings and gears. should have let it run until it seized!

Yeah, i mean if it was my company i would be asking for the engines back and sending out NEW ones with the correct fixings to my customers.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Yeah but do what w the used ones? Warranties are always repair or replace.

I have no idea, all i know is if it was MY company i would give the customer brand new engines. Also If i was FRPP i would take away from this to get better organized and have better QC because its not the customers fault this happened but the FRPPs own fault and you know what if this would make a company go bankrupt or lose too much money then i would suggest they don't have any business doing what they are doing. < This is MY opinion, :beer: Still waiting to see how the other cases are handled and what the overall outcome is before i pass judgment which seemingly they are doing a half decent job at ;-)

D.T.R

Established Member
FRPP contacted me. Mine does not have the BP. They are sending a truck to pick up the engine.

Is the truck driver going to pull the motor, and then re-install it also when they send it back to you? LMAO

Last edited:

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
Is the truck driver going to pull the motor, and the re-install it also when they send it back to you? LMAO

Badbiach's was still on the original pallet so I guess his situation is a little different then most in this thread.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Bump for info: This sucks. I was planning to put the engine in next week.:shrug: EDIT. I just talked to FRPP, they said to take a picture of the tag on the back drivers side of motor, below head and above bellhousing. They said they will be able to tell if it has the pump this way. And if not, they said they will take the engine back and make it right. I will update as soon as they reply to my "pic".

Any reply? Time frame on new motor? Any discount for waiting?

DTL

Established Member
The shop my car is at got a call from FRPP. Looks like they're tracking these motors down. They said we "may" have gotten a motor w/o the good pump and wanted the SN off the back of the head. Motor just went in the car and hasn't been fired yet. Waiting to hear back if it's good-to-go or not. If not, shop owner is already leaning on them for a complete new bullet plus reimbursement for R&R costs. We'll see what happens.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I received an email this morning from FRPP. They wanted my phone number so that the warehouse could contact me to arrange pickup. I am not going to press the issue on "down time". I am just glad they are trying to correct the problem with no further cost to me. For you guys that already have labor involved, I feel for you. :(

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I received an email this morning from FRPP. They wanted my phone number so that the warehouse could contact me to arrange pickup. I am not going to press the issue on "down time". I am just glad they are trying to correct the problem with no further cost to me. For you guys that already have labor involved, I feel for you. :(

i might have to hit you, mike and BJ up when it comes time to swap mine. im wanting to do that at the end of the summer that way i can sell the stocker (assuming shes still alive) and help pay for the new one lol.

Users who are viewing this thread