9.5:1 Aluminator owners

Deespeed99

Established Member
Please respond when you purchased yours and if you had a failure due to oil pressure issues or if you can confirm you did not have billet gears (be it a shop who installed them or yourself).

***I can break my silence now that this is resolved. Let me just say Ford Racing is a stand up company! They picked up my motor, fixed the broken stock gears, installed new bearings even though they didnt get messed up & had my motor back within 2 weeks. They also paid for my labor bill in full. Not one question or arguement. Marty's customer service was superb! Honestly im so impressed with him& them that id probably send my motor back to them to build if they offered a sleeved option down the road. I cant say enough good things about them.***

Last edited:

calgarybandit

Established Member
I spoke to Mike from Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford) and apparently the aluminator is on back order and he thinks it's because of Ford checking for this issue :shrug:

Deespeed99

Established Member
I spoke to Mike from Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford) and apparently the aluminator is on back order and he thinks it's because of Ford checking for this issue :shrug:

Doesnt matter. Too many people have been screwed in the last 6 months alone. Its time to take action. Do you have one?

D.T.R

Established Member
I bought one, i do not know whether or not the motor has the upgraded oil pump in it.
I am curious to know myself.

Deespeed99

Established Member
I bought one, i do not know whether or not the motor has the upgraded oil pump in it.
I am curious to know myself.

Ok. Ill update the 1st post with screen names (not real names for legal purposes) and keep everyone updated.

D.T.R

Established Member
Ok. Ill update the 1st post with screen names (not real names for legal purposes) and keep everyone updated.

Awesome.
I will exhaust every resource to try to find out, without opening the motor up, whether or not my motor gas the upgraded oil pump in it.

96juicedGT

Established Member
Hadn't realized there was an issue with this. Interesting to say the least. I will be following this closely as I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Wow if ford was advertising having the gears in the motors and really had stock gears this is not going to turn out good.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
The thing is didn't they originally came with stock oil pump gears then sometime last year they started advertising that they now have upgraded gears in the 9.5 motor, but the 11.1 motor still is supplied with the stock gears? Is that true?

I have an 11.1 version and I put MMR oil pump gears in it before I put it in the car. But for the 9.5 motors if what I said above is true how do you know if you got one of the old motors or one of the new ones?

Have you confirmed that your motor didn't have upgraded oil pump gears? Or did it have upgraded oil pump gears? Or have you not taken it apart yet?

The Ford Racing site says the 9.5 motor is suppose to come with this oil pump:
https://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22365

Maybe you can verify the part number?

Last edited:

stretchb

Established Member
one of mine was sent to ford racing after failing and they said they were not in. the other I tore down and verified they were not in.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I understand the logic behind the aluminator but personally if I'm going in for an engine might as well tear it apart and build it my self for all the little things to look out for. Hope you guys get a resolution from ford on the issue though.

D.T.R

Established Member
bought 2 in December. neither had the advertised gears.

Dang, if you bought yours in december and NEITHER had the oil pump gears... i bet mine being bought in mid October won't have the gears in it either.
SIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
This is one of the reasons i freaking bought this engine. This is BS...

Deespeed99

Established Member
Updated the 1st post. Come on people, share this post & get the word to those you know with low compression aluminators.

D.T.R

Established Member
Now I'm starting to think...
is there ANYONE with a 9.5 aluminator that came with the upgraded oil pump from factory and they confirmed this??

Users who are viewing this thread