66 mile 93R on bat

tistan

Established Member
You guys don't think it will be more? It is a 1 of 107. How many of those are in the wrapper? Just from and investment standpoint this car is going to be the most rare car of this era. I think it is going to be over $200.

tistan

Established Member
About $130k more than I would give for it as of today..

I bet it brings $180k.
You could buy it and build a climate controlled glass capsule around it in your showroom and write it off on your advertising budget. This could be a couple million dollar car by the time you retire.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You guys don't think it will be more? It is a 1 of 107. How many of those are in the wrapper? Just from and investment standpoint this car is going to be the most rare car of this era. I think it is going to be over $200.

A 2500 mile one sold on BaT for $131,000 last April. One with 49 miles on it sold in 2021 for $132,000.

4GTNSVT

Hatin' In My Free Time
Established Member
No back seat, no radio, suspenion and brakes are upgraded. Makes 10 more HP. They pulled ahead the SN95 wheels so only 93 mustang to be factory 5 lug. They are cool cars and its been on my want list for a long time.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If one were to actually drive it, chances are the shocks and struts would have to be changed, the fuel injectors cleaned or replaced, the fuel pump replaced, tires replaced, all fluids flushed, possible hoses replaced and on and on.
We had one ( a 87 GT) at the shop several years ago that sat for 20 years with only 30 miles on it. The shocks and struts were frozen in place, the tires were shot, the engine would not start due to fuel gone bad, battery was toast, and on and on.
At this point, that car is just for looking at. It is worthless as a driver unless a lot of money is spent to get it road worthy. And then it would not be stock, and the value would drop. Lol.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
If one were to actually drive it, chances are the shocks and struts would have to be changed, the fuel injectors cleaned or replaced, the fuel pump replaced, tires replaced, all fluids flushed, possible hoses replaced and on and on.
We had one ( a 87 GT) at the shop several years ago that sat for 20 years with only 30 miles on it. The shocks and struts were frozen in place, the tires were shot, the engine would not start due to fuel gone bad, battery was toast, and on and on.
At this point, that car is just for looking at. It is worthless as a driver unless a lot of money is spent to get it road worthy. And then it would not be stock, and the value would drop. Lol.
Pretty sure no one is going to buy this one for a driver. This is a trailer queen or sitting in a private collection somewhere.

I'm guessing 217,000.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
It will probably be shill bidded to $220k….

BaT and eBay are breeding grounds for fraudulent vehicle bids (friends bidding up friends rides or seller having multiple accounts doing the same). I don’t trust either site for any type of vehicle “valuation” or true “sold” pricing.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
That's a very cool piece of fox body history. Unfortunately this car will likely never be driven again, every mile would hurt the value. Unless you are a fox body mega collector with ultra deep pockets, I just don't see it. For the 200K range you can actually buy modern cars that you can actually drive that will likely increase in value too. I would be looking at a 911 GT3 manual, I doubt you will go wrong with owning one of those.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
It took me a decade to find the "right" 93R. Part of the hang up was, I did not want a wrapper car that really can not be driven, to preserve the investment. I dont drive ours much, but at least I can. Pricing has gone wild on R's. Im so relieved that we were able to build the trifecta, before things went crazy.

This was one from BaT, now listed for $199k, has been listed for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread