600 rwhp NA on e85 out of the question?

96lasersvt

Established Member
Need huge head flow - not that Boss heads are bad they are just not capable of the 340+ cfm @512" valve lift.

Looking at the E85 setup by enginelabs that had Livernois max effort stage 3 heads and huge 240/246 @ 0.050" cam (vs 212/232 cobra jet), Mahle 12.5:1 CJ pistons, Oliver light weight rods, 94mm bore, etc.. it only made about 625 at the flywheel. it was de-squeezed down to 12:1. multiply that by 0.9 for a manual trans car and you end up with 562hp at the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-NZIOIhUiU

Made peak power at 7900 rpm and going above that didn't help. so any manual transmission ECU should work.. I don't think the auto trans ECU will support above 7800 rpm.

I say wait for the new coyote heads to come out, or better.. wait for the new GT350 NA engine and get those heads. Bigger valves, larger port volume from the factory should mean Livernois, MMR, JPC, etc.. can get even more flow numbers. You already have the pinnacle intake since the next gen coyote has horrible low hood clearance.

Some of the V8 supercar guys said they could not match the full race Nascar - Windsor type platform HP with a coyote even w ported heads and super high compression. Those motors hit 9700rpm all day. They said it was head flow and cam lift limited unlike custom race Windsor heads.
Does anybody know if the new heads will work on our cars? I read on facebook that the shape of the ports were different and may not work.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
I'm already on e85 I was curious if 600rwhl can be done being on e85.

IMO you need more cubic inches. i would add an another .100" to the stroke.

even better just wait. the new flat crank , cams , pcm arriving will change everything.

you need 9500 rpms. you need the 180 degree firing order of a flat crank, and the header benefit from it also. those parts will change your cubes to 5.2liters it is rumored.

600rwhp. why yes but its down the road a bit. IMO

Users who are viewing this thread