600 rwhp NA on e85 out of the question?

BLK2012GT

Established Member
I'm at 525rwhp on a very crappy tune. Will be getting a better tune aug 22nd. But my question is 600rwhp NA on e85 possible? I have pretty much everything that can be done NA and at 12.5:1 compression. Just curious what else can be done to achieve 600 or close to it?

draxxus131

Established Member
The only time you will see a rather large jump in power with E85 is with any application involving forced induction. Most with an N/A setup will only net 20 hp from e85 if your lucky. Although I have seen a couple people gain 30hp with a higher compression than factory standards. If you don't mind me asking what does your build consist of so far?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Damn bro, 525 whp NA must be pretty fun. But like posted above you probably won't get as much as you would hope to get out of E85.

Angry50

Established Member
I haven't heard on any NA cars hitting 600 yet. but I guess would depend on what else is left. im sure if you gave a list of mods people could help you determine if there is something left you can do. I don't think a better tune is getting you 75whp

D.T.R

Established Member
I saw your FB status about this.
I personally think that you may be able to squeeze 600whp ... but it'll be beyond too radical. The car may not be very streetable at that point.

96lasersvt

Established Member
heads

If you dont mind me asking, what heads are you using? Im getting ready to start my na build and trying to decide on what head to use.

Voltwings

Established Member
THe cam / cylinder head need to flow that much air will pretty much make the car a dog around town. Granted, your higher compression and E85 will likely pick up some of the low end slack you will lose from that agressive of a top end set up. Theres a guy in the Boss forums who just had MMR i believe make him some wicked custom cams, and he should be looking at around 550 all motor on pump gas i believe. I'd say 600 is doable, it just wont be easy (read: cheap).

BLK2012GT

Established Member
Ported heads, custom grind comp cams, sleeved block, stainless steel vales, PAC valve springs, CJ manifold, SCJ monoblade TB, ford racing CAI, American racing longtubes and off road X pipe, 60lb injectors, e85, and a crappy tune.

Angry50

Established Member
Ported heads, custom grind comp cams, sleeved block, stainless steel vales, PAC valve springs, CJ manifold, SCJ monoblade TB, ford racing CAI, American racing longtubes and off road X pipe, 60lb injectors, e85, and a crappy tune.

wow. just a goal to be NA? I would think with all that why not just got FI and be done?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
IMO - yes, however I think you need more CR, 14:1 on the corn is doable, with proper supporting mods 600 is in the cards.

do you now what the max WOT timing advance is set to in your current tune?

BLK2012GT

Established Member
IMO - yes, however I think you need more CR, 14:1 on the corn is doable, with proper supporting mods 600 is in the cards.

do you now what the max WOT timing advance is set to in your current tune?
No I don't know. When I get retuned I'll find out.

Voltwings

Established Member
Do you know how awesome it would be to roll on ls3 vettes in an all motor 5.0 lol i want to see this beast in action.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I thought the ford racing was only 4" and will it make that much of a difference?

Are the heads GT or Boss? Who ported them & how aggressive? 12.5 CR could be bumped as already stated, will see more power but only will be able to use E85 as u already know. Lightweight pistons & rods if that's not already done. Power to be had depending on WHO did ur heads and cams. Also as u know tune is key, :) so as your build sits id say depending on the crap level of the tune u could see a little bump in power, but I doubt 600rwhp :(

Users who are viewing this thread