600+ on a S-TRIM!!!!!!!!!!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
yes I was sure that the s-trim is good to 20psi. I am planning on making 600whp with my s-trim on a 2 valve. I want the aftercooler, but alot of people say it becomes a cork around 500hp and that I would make more power with a front mount intercooler. I dont know which one I should get. Im planning on running 15psi after the new motor is in.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Stopsign32v said:
Whatever you do stay away from the POS Paxton front mount.

whats bad about that kit? It seems to be the best option since there are no other front mount kits on the market for my car. I could end up doing a custom setup.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
Putting a YSi on my Bird starting next week. I am anxious to see what it does. Will hold it to below 15 psi till all sorted out, then put it on E85 and spin it up.

hardcore35th

Established Member
TT91 said:
I KNOW WHAT METERED AIR IS... Im just wondering how you think its escaping? From where? Please explain.
LOL! I have tried to explain this so damn many times on Modulardepot and Modularfords its not even funny. Everytime someone says "dont put breathers or a catch can on your car or you will lose metered air!!!" I want to commit suicide.:D

Stopsign32v

Established Member
LS1Killer said:
whats bad about that kit? It seems to be the best option since there are no other front mount kits on the market for my car. I could end up doing a custom setup.

It will kill your torque since it is so big. IMO I would custom make a ATI front mount work if you can.

diablostang

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
.... you will have metered air escaping through the valve covers but no where near enough to run the car lean.

If you lose metered air, your engine runs rich, not lean.

And congrats on the #'s again Drew. I bet she runs like all heck is loose. :bowdown:

hardcore35th

Established Member
You are right, but its a moot point because you dont lose intake air out the valve covers anyway. I dont understand where people keep getting that idea. I guess its just people that dont understand the inside of a engine very well.

diablostang

Established Member
hardcore35th said:
You are right, but its a moot point because you dont lose intake air out the valve covers anyway. I dont understand where people keep getting that idea. I guess its just people that dont understand the inside of a engine very well.

Yup, just pointing that out so someone didn't get any mis-info. Too much of it out there anyway, like you said already. :banana:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
diablostang said:
If you lose metered air, your engine runs rich, not lean.

Ah thanks for catching that, don't know what I was thinking. You Cobra looks sweet too in the sig. :thumbsup:

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
hardcore35th said:
. I dont understand where people keep getting that idea. I guess its just people that dont understand the inside of a engine very well.

Its due to their lack of hands on with a motor, therefore they have NO idea what they're talking about, and shouldnt be alloud to post.

diablostang

Established Member
TT91 said:
Its due to their lack of hands on with a motor, therefore they have NO idea what they're talking about, and shouldnt be alloud to post.

Yup. When you get 100 people all talking about things they don't understand, it gets twisted pretty quickly.

Stopsign: Thanks for the compliment! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread