600+ on a S-TRIM!!!!!!!!!!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
I can plug the powerpipe hole, i dont have any hole for the upper intake though its just from the powerpipe to the passenger head.

Should i do one of those JLT prefilter things to?

Look at your drivers side valve cover...you will see a tube going from the valve cover to the upper intake. Take that off, put a breather on the valve cover and put a rubber cap/nipple thing on the intake (you can get the cap at pepboys but I don't remember the size). Do the same for the passenger side. And no don't bother with those damn catch can things just put breathers on the valve covers and plug the holes on the powerpipe and upper intake. TAKE THE INTAKE OFF AND CLEAN IT. If you hand port the intake fully there is atleast 40-50rwhp there IMO at your power level.

Jay Meagher

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
+1

Nice numbers though to the original poster. With the right combo little blowers can make the power.
It is a 76mm inducer... I wouldn't go as far to call it small.

Congrats on a good running car, What pulley size is it?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Look at your drivers side valve cover...you will see a tube going from the valve cover to the upper intake. Take that off, put a breather on the valve cover and put a rubber cap/nipple thing on the intake (you can get the cap at pepboys but I don't remember the size). Do the same for the passenger side. And no don't bother with those damn catch can things just put breathers on the valve covers and plug the holes on the powerpipe and upper intake. TAKE THE INTAKE OFF AND CLEAN IT. If you hand port the intake fully there is atleast 40-50rwhp there IMO at your power level.

the intake has been ported.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:

haha, now what happens to the oil that was suppose to come out now? it just recurculates?

Does it need to be tuned again or does this souely just keep the oil out of the intake/motor etc...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
haha, now what happens to the oil that was suppose to come out now? it just recurculates?

Does it need to be tuned again or does this souely just keep the oil out of the intake/motor etc...

It will somewhat come out of the breathers, this is called blow by. Its just relieving some of the pressure inside the valve covers. After a while the breathers will become dirty and oily because of this. You can either change them out for new ones or leave them. Depends on how much you drive your car. And no the car does not need to be retuned. Since you have been sending oild through your system I personally would clean all the pipes, intercooler, and intake. Oil in your intake will lower the octane of the gas you run. Just pull the lid off your intake and see how much oil is in there.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Same thing

Cool all this little "picky" shit is new too me. Damn, cant never stop learning.

So these "pre filters" would do the trick too, just like a breather? Just a lil more money huh?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
No, they will still allow some oil to get past them and you will have to empty the can. The only way to keep 100% of oil out of your intake system is the breather way. Either way will work though...

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Here is a pic of mine, you can see the small little KN filters. Oil ISNT supposed to come out of there, however the engineers at be decided to remove the build up of vapors from the motor by burning them off in the combustion chambers,(what your currently doing) You can also do this with a vacum pump, which sucks out the vapors, thus freeing up the oil and allowing everything to operate eaiser. Either way, the cleaner the air, the better.

138878.jpg

UCBeau

droptopsnake01 said:
I know about the JLT preefilter, where do i get a catch can at?
you can make them easily enough, there's a few threads over in our cobra forum that detail how to do so.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
The plug to the rear right, near #8 has a brass fitting in it. The one in front of that towards the #5 cylinder is a vacum port.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
TT91 said:
The plug to the rear right, near #8 has a brass fitting in it. The one in front of that towards the #5 cylinder is a vacum port.

So Im only going to cover 1 that is on the intake (the one that would connect to the driver side head by the tube).

Where did yall get yall filters" I just went to autozone and they had ones kinda like it but they were a lil bigger and a cone shape.

I want the ones like i have seen on here (the ones 911 has) they are smaller and are the round shaped and only look like 1 inch high.

Users who are viewing this thread