600+ on a S-TRIM!!!!!!!!!!

JKD

Banned
It's not unheard of at all. I'm close to doing it myself as well. All ya gotta do is overspin the bejeezus out of it. :-D

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
So who told you it was a good idea to suck the oil vapors back through the blower and into the motor?

615 here, s -trim

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
TT91 said:
So who told you it was a good idea to suck the oil vapors back through the blower and into the motor?
615 here, s -trim

Nobody, it will be ok.

you must not have seen a 99/01 cobra motor setup. Take a look and you will understand why...

Last edited:

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
Nobody, it will be ok.

you must not have seen a 99/01 cobra motor setup. Take a look and you will understand why...

All motors are setup that way, its for emissions purposes. Do you think the oil vapors your motor is inhaling is helping make horsepower, or hurting? Keep in mind, air, fuel, and spark make the motor go boom. The cleaner and cooler the air, the more efficient your motor will be.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
TT91 said:
All motors are setup that way, its for emissions purposes. Do you think the oil vapors your motor is inhaling is helping make horsepower, or hurting? Keep in mind, air, fuel, and spark make the motor go boom. The cleaner and cooler the air, the more efficient your motor will be.

+1

Nice numbers though to the original poster. With the right combo little blowers can make the power.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
An alternative is to run breathers on the valve covers. You may smell some vapors at idle, but once you get moving, you dont notice it. Thats what I run.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
TT91 said:
An alternative is to run breathers on the valve covers. You may smell some vapors at idle, but once you get moving, you dont notice it. Thats what I run.

+1 again, - the smelling vapors at idle

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
TT91 said:

could i just pick one up from autozone or something?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Yea I did...however I would just order some K&N's from Jegs and get them in 1-2 days. :shrugs: You will also have to plug the powerpipe hole, and the upper intake hole.

If you haven't already take the intake off and P&P it, ALOT of power to be had there. If you don't want to do that atleast take it off and clean it with carb cleaner or gasoline. There will be alot of oil in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Yea I did...however I would just order some K&N's from Jegs and get them in 1-2 days. :shrugs: You will also have to plug the powerpipe hole, and the upper intake hole.

I can plug the powerpipe hole, i dont have any hole for the upper intake though its just from the powerpipe to the passenger head.

Should i do one of those JLT prefilter things to?

Users who are viewing this thread