600 HP N/A Carburated Ford 6.2 SOHC Foxbody Notch Build - High 9's Or Bust!!

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
I was at the dyno when he put down these numbers. This car is an animal and I am blown away at the power it puts down. I can't wait to see it go down the track!

Thanks, Bob. Ordered the 3.55's today. Hopefully the 3rd will be the day for shakedowns. Car goes into the header guy for collector extensions next week. He's also putting in the anti-roll bar. Then alignment, scaling and pinion angle. Should be set by then.

wonderful progress.

Thanks bro.

RFM50

Established Member
Thanks, Bob. Ordered the 3.55's today. Hopefully the 3rd will be the day for shakedowns. Car goes into the header guy for collector extensions next week. He's also putting in the anti-roll bar. Then alignment, scaling and pinion angle. Should be set by then.

Awesome! I will plan on being there! Hopefully I will have my skinny's by then.

Charlington

Established Member
Congrats SmokeGreyHatch!
I remember drooling over the old 427 SOHC Ford decades ago in a '60 Falcon. Now I have something new to drool over. Roush 358 engines on Ebay caught my eye but can't throw down that much coin at one time.
Congrats again!

Jedisalami

Established Member
do you know a place in AZ where I can buy a jacket and helmet in person? I need them and a seat belt before I can hit the track

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
do you know a place in AZ where I can buy a jacket and helmet in person? I need them and a seat belt before I can hit the track

Loper's is the only place I can think of. They should have it all. Or just order from Summit and it comes next-day from Sparks.

Loper's Performance - Phoenix AZ 85014 | 602-264-5288

kamakazi

Not to Jack the thread but I've been thinking about this for a while and would like to get some of the knowledge that you guys have acquired in your experiences. I have been trying to find info on the 6.2 but can't find much. The guy a few pages back said he had a 2012 by and a 6.2. Not sure if he's the same guy or not I saw a forum about a guy that was doing that swap and I was disappointed to see he wasn't going to finish it. Anyways to get to the point
I have a 2005 gt that I've been thinking about swapping to the 6.2. How hard will it be? Will it be fairly simple with motor mounts ect? The biggest thing that scares me is the wiring but it sounds like 05-10 is the wiring I would want. How direct is it? I was thinking about buying a wrecked truck from an auction so I'd have all wiring and hookups. Any advice? If I could give someone a call at some point to pick your brain that would be awesome.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Not to Jack the thread but I've been thinking about this for a while and would like to get some of the knowledge that you guys have acquired in your experiences. I have been trying to find info on the 6.2 but can't find much. The guy a few pages back said he had a 2012 by and a 6.2. Not sure if he's the same guy or not I saw a forum about a guy that was doing that swap and I was disappointed to see he wasn't going to finish it. Anyways to get to the point
I have a 2005 gt that I've been thinking about swapping to the 6.2. How hard will it be? Will it be fairly simple with motor mounts ect? The biggest thing that scares me is the wiring but it sounds like 05-10 is the wiring I would want. How direct is it? I was thinking about buying a wrecked truck from an auction so I'd have all wiring and hookups. Any advice? If I could give someone a call at some point to pick your brain that would be awesome.

PM Sent. Give me a call. Happy to help.

Matt

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
So I took the blower off; too many items on the edge (short block, tranny, clutch, out of fuel pump at 6600, etc). Car was just more fun and usable on the street NA. Car is geared perfectly for 133 mph at a 7k limit which is what it should go with a little better air and some carb and timing tweaks. Made some good shakedown runs NA last night with a new Pro-Systems 840 carb. Had 28 degrees of timing and pump gas last night and drove it to the track and home. Race weight was 2909 with me in it and a full tank of fuel. Made 7 passes all in the 10's with a best of a 10.54 at 131.5 MPH on a trash 1.48 60'. I'm very confident it'll reach 9.90's in the next few months. My buddy got a few vids but I have to get them and upload later on.

Matt

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Here is a vid of one of the passes. Working on getting the others up. Believe this was a 10.55 at 130.5 mph pass

[youtube_browser]hs2uITANaCk[/youtube_browser]

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Here is the 10.54 at 131.5 mph with a couple of views.

[youtube_browser]CV_lPIapDMc[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]tKd5i0Sqeac[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread