600 HP N/A Carburated Ford 6.2 SOHC Foxbody Notch Build - High 9's Or Bust!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like my Infinity info got you thinking, hell yeah man, I wish I had time for some of these projects!
Our 6.2 looks just like that and was also an SVT pre-production unit.
Didn't realize the cam covers help identify that.
I think I showed you the pics of the 2 aluminum intakes he has, look very much like the plastic ones and I think have potential with work.
I had been told they would keep the 6.2 as the Super Duty gas V8 so I was hopeful thy'd still be made, so much potential there as we both know.
Talk to you soon, got a few ideas for you after PRI.
-J

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
It should fit under a 3" cowl or stock hood? If you can get that bad boy to fit, I know what my next project is haha. It is too bad a carbed intake won't fit with the 6.2 or coyote under a 3" cowl.

5k seems like a lot of cash for a reman'd motor with no fixings. Junkyard pull would probably cost half that!

Loving the build so far!

Thanks!

Looks like my Infinity info got you thinking, hell yeah man, I wish I had time for some of these projects!
Our 6.2 looks just like that and was also an SVT pre-production unit.
Didn't realize the cam covers help identify that.
I think I showed you the pics of the 2 aluminum intakes he has, look very much like the plastic ones and I think have potential with work.
I had been told they would keep the 6.2 as the Super Duty gas V8 so I was hopeful thy'd still be made, so much potential there as we both know.
Talk to you soon, got a few ideas for you after PRI.
-J

Yeah the cast were on the early production beofre the injection molded pieces, not sure when the cutoff was. Sounds good on PRI, stay in touch! Thanks J

So they are discontinuing the 6.2L ? For what in place ?

Not sure what's in store, probably more EcoBoost platforms.

FX4ALL

Established Member
I think they only discontinued the 411hp 6.2L in the Raptor / other F150 trim. I believe the 385hp 6.2L will still be used in the SuperDuty platform.

FX4ALL

Established Member
I'm not sure.

I've read in different threads that the cams, tune, and possibly the intake manifold.. but nothing from a real source.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Great night at the track - 1266' DA. Made 9 passes still dialing in the rear shocks, but they are finally working mostly low 1.40 to high 1.30. The only changes between the last round and these are a revised pinion angle, rear shock settings, and 4 degrees more timing (491 rwhp). Still weighed about 2850 with me in it with 75 lb left yet to remove. Finally got into the high 1.30s 60' range with a 1.382 on my best pass below (an ony a 5500 RPM launch). The funny part is on my highest MPH pass with a trash 1.47 60', it would have went 9's with the same 1.38. Until next time.....

BestPasses.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, just take a healthy dump before the next pass and you got it ;-)
Glad to see you're almost there buddy!
-J

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Headed to the track tomorrow. Took out another 147 lb for a total race weight of 2690 :). Changed the rear springs, ride height, and have a few other tricks up my sleeve. Should bang out 136+ MPH.........we'll see if it can stick it.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Headed to the track tomorrow. Took out another 147 lb for a total race weight of 2690 :). Changed the rear springs, ride height, and have a few other tricks up my sleeve. Should bang out 136+ MPH.........we'll see if it can stick it.

Can't wait hear what it runs. Hope you get into the 9s finally

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know how I missed this build thread! Amazing work and love the car!

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Can't wait hear what it runs. Hope you get into the 9s finally

Thanks, Steve. Well I just looked on their FB page and it looks like they just cancelled it. SOB, next race isn't until Jan 9th. Glad I next-day aired a bunch of parts for this Friday......:burn:

I don't know how I missed this build thread! Amazing work and love the car!

Thanks bro.

Users who are viewing this thread