600 HP N/A Carburated Ford 6.2 SOHC Foxbody Notch Build - High 9's Or Bust!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh well, start the new year with a 9.xx!
Keep me updated buddy, just chilling after getting my head spinning at PRI, not much in the brief preview for 6.2s :(
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Negative, but had to laugh at the Roush 6.2 kit and tiny gen 1 TVS, gotta feed that beast.
-J

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Negative, but had to laugh at the Roush 6.2 kit and tiny gen 1 TVS, gotta feed that beast.
-J

Haha, never underestimate the power of "the" TVS. They have their place. There is a guy locally that does contract work with Roush. They built him a 650 rwhp daily with a TVS. Not terrible....lol.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
True, I enjoy the TVS every time I drive the GT500, was just commenting on their use on the early case while the big opening 2015 TVS was on display next to it.
If I had a Raptor I'd probably have a VMP Gen II TVS kit on it. That of Hellion twins ;-)
Let me know when next track outing.
-J

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
True, I enjoy the TVS every time I drive the GT500, was just commenting on their use on the early case while the big opening 2015 TVS was on display next to it.
If I had a Raptor I'd probably have a VMP Gen II TVS kit on it. That of Hellion twins ;-)
Let me know when next track outing.
-J

Sounds good bro. Should be January 9th hopefully.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Hopefully 9's will be on the horizon tonight. 147 lb's are out after I get the ET Fronts mounted today. DA is supposed to be around 1000' maybe dip below. I ran my best MPH (135) at 900ish feet. If it goes 137, all I need is a 1.43-1.45. Fingers crossed!

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Well boys and girls…….WE DID IT! The car was running awesome last night. With the recent suspension and weight savings changes, the car immediately trapped in the low 136 MPH range. We had to creep up on shock adjustments, but after four passes I was able to get it to stick somewhat with a 1.40 60’. The car weighed a little more than I hoped due to fuel level, but still a svelte 2728 lb race weight with me in it. The bias was as horrendous as anticipated (1080 lb on the rear and 1648 lb on the front). When the DA dropped to the 600-700’ range and the suspension complied, we busted off a 9.98 at 136.48 MPH and had the greatest conversation I could hope for with the time slip booth attendant – “we have to boot you for running too fast”. After all the blood, sweat, and tears and overcoming the challenges, road blocks, and daunting obstacles I have a new appreciation for making the “total package” work. I’m debted to a great support function of my wife first and foremost and the best friends a guy could ask for in this endeavor. Thanks to all! Here is the slip and vid! Enjoy!

Matt

[youtube_browser]Ms-0Tdqhztg[/youtube_browser]

998.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread