55lb 2013 injectors limit

Rei_a

Established Member
Just curious what kind of power people are making with the oem 2013+ gt500 injectors without a bap.

I was told with my vmp tvs and a 2.4 pulley I would be fine running only the 55lb injectors as long as I don't plan on running a lower. Would like to hear some experiences from people running these without a bap.

Thanks everyone

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Never ran those injectors without a set of BapS but I was making 712 on a mustang dyno without issue 2.6" upper / 15% lower..ive switched to 80's now.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I run a 2.4 and 13+ Inj and I have not had any issues. A few different dyo pulls inc one from BMP, and my AF was right were it needed to be.

I was also told if I went to a 10% lower I would need a bap, in combo with the 2.4

Rei_a

Established Member
Thanks guys. I will data log and go from there. If I do have to upgrade my injectors then 72lb's, bap, and a lower will surely follow.

Also it seems like you two have 2011+ which allow some kind of voltage adjustment to the stock fuel pump similar to a bap. My car is a 2010 and doesn't have this tuning feature.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Just curious what kind of power people are making with the oem 2013+ gt500 injectors without a bap.

I was told with my vmp tvs and a 2.4 pulley I would be fine running only the 55lb injectors as long as I don't plan on running a lower. Would like to hear some experiences from people running these without a bap.

Thanks everyone

Precisely. We've done all the R&D for you. Add a 10 percent lower and add VMP Fuel Pump Booster.

Also, this is based on 1/4 mile wot blasts only. If you are doing 1/2 mile or more, you need 72#.

Bj (725 rwhp on 56#/booster with 2.40 and iw lower)

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I talked to bj about it and thats my plan also. I've got a set of 13 injectors and the vmp tune just need the tvs haha

I was reading some different stuff about the bap and I'm still not sure what it does. Does increasing the voltage allow you to flow more fuel? I thought I read it was more of a safe guard in case the alternator gave out and voltage dropped

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I talked to bj about it and thats my plan also. I've got a set of 13 injectors and the vmp tune just need the tvs haha

I was reading some different stuff about the bap and I'm still not sure what it does. Does increasing the voltage allow you to flow more fuel? I thought I read it was more of a safe guard in case the alternator gave out and voltage dropped

I can solve that problem for you :beer:

...and believe me, you're not gonna want a 13-14 TVS.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I'm planning on going VMP TVS 2.6 upper, 10% lower, 1 7/8 headers, FRPP Mono and JLT 123, w/ this set up would ID 1000's be enough or would I still need a BAP?

nxhappy

Established Member
I am also running 55's with a 2.4 (no lower). I think eventually I will get larger injectors and fuel pumps. I believe the 55's can handle 700-750 whp, but why push it to the limit ?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Thanks guys. I will data log and go from there. If I do have to upgrade my injectors then 72lb's, bap, and a lower will surely follow.

Also it seems like you two have 2011+ which allow some kind of voltage adjustment to the stock fuel pump similar to a bap. My car is a 2010 and doesn't have this tuning feature.

With a 2010 I am not to sure...I would go bap just to be safe. Your correct, the 2011+ can adjust the voltage as needed.

nxhappy

Established Member
run it without the bap and check the duty cycle. Your tuner will let you know if it's time to upgrade.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
With a 2010 I am not to sure...I would go bap just to be safe. Your correct, the 2011+ can adjust the voltage as needed.

The adjustment is minor. I believe only half a volt or maybe a bit more. The BAP takes it from 12v to 17.5 or 20v depending upon which model you choose. Also, while it is about supplying more fuel to the engine, pressure is just as critical. You could have massive injectors but if the pump cannot supply enough to keep them happy then its pointless.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I guess with the 11-14 gt500 you can get away without a bap because you up the volts in the tune.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I guess with the 11-14 gt500 you can get away without a bap because you up the volts in the tune.

Yes and no...bap gives a lot more head room. I'm upgrading to Twin GT pumps coupled with the Bap this setup is good for nearly 1000hp

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes and no...bap gives a lot more head room. I'm upgrading to Twin GT pumps coupled with the Bap this setup is good for nearly 1000hp

What's the actual flow difference? I had been told the ford gt pumps were close in flow with the gt500 pumps. I know the fgt pumps were a great upgrade for the 03-04 cobras

1320 Junkie

Established Member
What's the actual flow difference? I had been told the ford gt pumps were close in flow with the gt500 pumps. I know the fgt pumps were a great upgrade for the 03-04 cobras

Im not 100% sure but i have a few buddies running them with no bap and larger injectors to make 9 second power...adding a bap setup just gives more head room without having to go return style.

Reis racing

Established Member
Would it be a better idea to copy what the Cobra Jet cars have?. I think they replace stock pumps with twin aeromotive pumps. On the 08 CJ

Users who are viewing this thread