5 more reasons to hate Treynor

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
04Chris said:
[...] I'm curious though, when you change the turbo's, will you be installing conventional turbos instead of the new adjustable vane style like the factory ones? I haven't heard of an aftermarket design like the one used in the new Porsche. The car as a whole is phenominal. I was alittle disappointed with Porsche's wheel design choice though. I'm sure you will fix that :poke: .

You never did say what you parted with to make room for the new toy. I haven't seen alot of posts from you recently. Did you make it into the 10's with the SL65 yet? Good hearing from you. I hope you'll let us know what you finally decide to do with the new toy.

Let's see --
* The aftermarket is already busy at work on 997 replacement turbos. It appears right now that both hybrid turbos using the adjustable-vane design as well as conventional turbos will be available in the next 3 months. I'm not sure which I'll end up using; it will depend on the power and lag characteristics that the tuners come up with.

* The current garage is just the SL65 and the 997TT, plus commuter cars. I've gone through a few permutations in the interim :)

* The SL65 runs high 10's on a good day (read: cool) and low 11s in the heat. With RENNtech's next round of upgrades, I expect it'll be solidly into the 10's regardless of conditions.

* and yea, I haven't been posting much anywhere. Between family and Google, my free time is in short supply.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
spyder1337 said:
What is this thing capable of stock? Hp and acceleration wise?

480HP, 500 ft/lbs, 3400 lbs, AWD. I got the 6-speed, which means stock it'll do 0-60 in 3.6 and the 1/4 in the mid-11s. The Tiptronic is actually quicker in stock form (brake boosting etc) but can't tolerate the same power & rev levels that the 6-sp will when you modify it :D

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
treynor said:
Here's... heh... a quick hint. Do a search for my name and the word "OWNED" before you continue this line of questioning.

HAHAHA I remember that thread:lol: Beautiful car Treynor. Take care of it.

Eminent

Established Member
honestly, this is a reason why I work my ass off in school. I'd love to be able to own some beautiful machines like that.

:rockon:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
tristateZ28Lt1 said:
Omg sick sick car. Definitely one of my all time favorites!
but what kinda jobs do you do?

According to his website:

Treynor - Congrats on the new ride!

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
They never made a 94 turbo, the 993 turbos started the awd turbo line in 95. And it looks like that car is a 964 (1990-1993) Thats a 1993 and its the first year of the 3.6 turbo and rare.

Grats treynor, sick ride. Sports chrono option?

My father has that model very sick car last year of the big single turbo and rear wheel drive. Also first year of the bigger brakes. Congrats Treynor.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
treynor said:
Here's... heh... a quick hint. Do a search for my name and the word "OWNED" before you continue this line of questioning.

treynor
you should go buy his bank then foreclose on his mortgage!

btecdude

Established Member
treynor said:
To put this in perspective, there's a fellow in the area who has a 996TT which has been clocked at 60-130 mph in <4.5 seconds (!!!) It's completely streetable too, and fairly quiet. I may end up going that route.
theres only one thing, the guy you speak of with 996, he likes to make alot of excuses and play stupid games. dont be like him. by the way...what happened to the z06,yellow viper,sl65,?

98_Snake

Established Member
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

I gotta say though, if you worked hard in life then congratulations! :beer: That is a amazing car. Enjoy it, you are one lucky man. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread