$4G's what should i do to make a faster N/A

Fourcam330

Established Member
If you want to use your stock SB the most HP/TQ you can make for $4K is:

Basic clean up porting via Al Papitto ($750) on your stock heads. Includes short turn, exhaust work, milling for more compression, Serdi 5 angle VJ with hand blend, and assembly.

FR500 cam/VT kit ($1500) includes new springs/valves good to 7700rpm, billet cams with .472" lift and 204/214 @ .050 duration.

Ported 99/01 Cobra manifold, or a hacked ported Aviator manifold.

Cobra Kai

Never Dies
Established Member
Dump the cats with an X pipe, get a handheld flash tuner, do 4.10s and dump the rest into the IRS/suspension/chassis. $4K well spent can transform this platform into something very respectable on the street. :)

Last edited:

01trublue cobra

Established Member
Spending money to mod his IRS is futile. He'll still get hop when he put gears and more power in it. and with the 28 spline halfshaft from the 99 cobra's its a matter of time. Go soild axle. Don't forget full length subframe connectors.

Nazman

Established Member
I guess that all depends if he wants to get inside the motor.

If no removing of the motor is wanted:

JLT CAI/RAI $200.00
Ported Intake $350-450.00
PHP Intake Spacer $100.00
Meziere EWP $320.00
ATI or Equivalent Dampener $400.00
Billet Oil Pump Gears $300.00
Long Tube Headers $450. 00 (BBKs)
Mid Pipe $250.00
CB $400.00
AL Flywheel $300.00
4.30-4.56 Gears $200.00
H&R Springs $200.00
MGW Shifter $200.00
Drag Raidals $300.00

Total: $4070.00

That will make for a very strong, reliable running NA 4V.

Naz

wma8706

Established Member
I'd listen to Nazman. If you follow his posts and seen what his cobra can do...I'm sure everybody here will agree with me!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
If you want to use your stock SB the most HP/TQ you can make for $4K is: Basic clean up porting via Al Papitto ($750) on your stock heads. Includes short turn, exhaust work, milling for more compression, Serdi 5 angle VJ with hand blend, and assembly.

FR500 cam/VT kit ($1500) includes new springs/valves good to 7700rpm, billet cams with .472" lift and 204/214 @ .050 duration.

Ported 99/01 Cobra manifold, or a hacked ported Aviator manifold.

x2 Of course bolt-ons would be needed. But definetely get a good valve job on those heads, the factory valve job stinks.

mkb116

Established Member
Well first off I say get a built, high compression motor like me and Naz, although the likelyhood of that is small.

So....... If I were you (which this is somewhat close to what I am doing) Since you don't even want the happy gas just get a solid axle w/ 4.56's (make sure you get 31 spline while your at it), full front and rear suspension, tubular k member, A arms yada yada, some street/strip struts and shocks (if you plan on doing that sort of thing), control arms, and subframe connectors, and throw in a JLT cold air for the hell of it.

I think you will feel more improvement from that list there then you ever will with any/ all bolt ons. Then walk some full bolt on cobras and then show them your engine compartment, :thumbsup: it will drive them nuts. :mj:

Then you will still have plenty of money for bolt-ons or what not. In my opinion I want to try something different. I am leaving my engine bay as stock as I can (well looking that way at least) I may get a cold air but thats it. I am planning to do full suspension with my built motor, lightweight, cage and bucket seats. N/A and with the 150 and 250 shots see what I can do, then show people my engine and surprise the hell out of them.

Thats my opinion, good luck with whatever you end up doing.

- Matt

Last edited:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
If youre dead set on staying N/A...rebuild the bottom end with high compression pistons...I'm sure that will net more rwhp than all the bolt-on's and...later as you do add bolt-ons...the increases will be even more dramatic as you go. Give it sometime...if you come across a couple grand later on and do the headwork...you'll be real close to 400 rwhp with 11.5:1 pistons/headwork/cams.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
keep in mind that this person will most likely have to pay for labor.

4k ain't gonna cut it for a forged motor with labor.

mrose75

Established Member
Here's a question, what are you doing with the car? Drag, autocross, show, etc. Then you can decide where to go with the build up. Most of the answers you are getting are what the people would do with their goals in mind. What are your goals?

Users who are viewing this thread